:hides from ranters: JETTING

saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
According to FRP's website, with the mods on my 00 KDX200 I shouldn't have to rejet.
Mods:
Gnarly torque
Powercore II
Torque ring
VF3
Removed Airbox lid

I'm at sealevel as well. Is FRP just not wanting to get in depth with jetting and saying that theres no need to rejet, meaning that the bike will work "ok" without jetting. Or will proper jetting really wake this up? I have no complaints as to how it runs, but perhaps I just don't know what I'm missing. Is Ellandoh square on with these procedures HERE?

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
The pipe and reeds will definitely make your bike run richer than it did stock...and it was too rich stock. My bike wouldn't be anywhere near "Ok" running without rejetting. It would be a smoking, plug fouling pig without rejetting.

Some would argue that you should start from the main jet down instead of the pilot jet up on your jetting procedures. I think that I did get my pilot in the ballpark, then the main jet (in the ballpark), then went to work on the needle (which took by far the longest to dial in). I also made adjustments to the main and pilot as I continued in my needle testing. Don't forget that the air box lid also comes into play. I couldn't get my bike to run right with the lid off...no matter what I did. I didn't end up with the stock slide either. I think you'll also find that your air screw will end up somewhat turned in from the highest idle setting (for best throttle response). Get ready for a whole new bike once the jetting gets dialed in. Happy testing.

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
My $.02:
Bike: 2000 KDX200 Mods - boysen power reeds, FMF gnarly rev w/ turbine core II, torque ring, drilled airbox lid
I am at sea level in Seattle, my bike runs great with the FMF recommended jetting:
Main= 152
Pilot= 45
Needle= R1173L

Should be pretty close to your setup.

saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
Thanks for your input Rhoadster and Strider. After milling through thread after thread it appears that a 152 main and a 45 primary are somewhat common jets for the normal pipe/silencer/reed mods. Now to hit up google on where to find them.....

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I was not asked, but my experience has been with an almost stock 200 that most run too rich on the primary. I suggest 42 or less. Stock needle next to the top position. Then main in the 155 range. Now you should be close enough to fine tune with the air screw, slides, needles and more jets! Many dealers have the jets for Kelin carbs are used on lots of bikes. FRP or Sudco have them by mail order! Rejetting for elevation, temperature, humidity, etc. for peak,peak performance is an on going process. Ride Safe John

saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
No John you were asked, and specifically by name!....well.....maybe not specifically, but I'm in the dark here, aside from reading countless threads and welcome anyones .02! A 42 primary, I actually emailed FRP for a 45 and a 42. For some reason I'm thinking 42 might be the way to go.... :bang:

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
I have a 05 220r with gnarly woods pipe, torque reeds, turbin power core 2 silencer and I didnt have to rejet. My bike hits hard and smooth doesnt smoke to much and very little spooge.

ELF

Top Bottom