KTMBell

May 14, 2001
My buddies a tall rider and runs an 01 KX 250 and wants to raise his bars up higher. Any suggestions on mounts that will fit his standard 7/8" bars and fit to his stock triple clamp that will raise his bars up higher. I saw some from Tag, but they only raise it up about 3/4" more.
Any combos w/ higher bars that might work also.

KTMBell
01 KTM 200 MXC
02 Honda CR 80

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
The tall mounts and pick a high bend bar. Thats about as much as you can do. I'm 6'3" and use the universal mounts and RM high bends. I will be switching to Doug Henry bend soon. They are a bit straighter so it will give me a bit more room. I don't think I have seen bar mounts that raise the bars up with 7/8 bars, only the fatter bars.

If he doesn't mind spending some money do some research on some triple clamps. Some companies can customize how high the mounts are thru special request. Check the Pro Circuit forum...they have some really nice clamps that have different heights.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
look at the Jimmy Button bend from renthal, I am 5'11 almost and like it. it is the highest bend available from renthal. if you cant get the clamps this is a good choice for the cost. even though I am not 6 feet plus I have longer arms and broad shoulders and like the higher feel.
I spent a lot of time on this issue and was close to getting clamps,etc and could not really afford it and called michigan powerr sports and we talked it out and he told me about the bend. Also pastrana bend will work for you. I had cr high bend then went to the button bend and finally got a mild drastic change in rise. thanks,..

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
The Thumper Racing bar risers come in two styles - bolt-on/removable & adapters that mount to your stock mounts. They move the bars forward & up. I have the +1.5" versions on my WR and the +1" versions on my KX. Both are the removable versions and I can't ride a bike w/o them anymore. I'm 6'4" and these things are the single best investment I've made on each bike.

Brian

Top Bottom