Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i need some help from you high desert riders, im looking for a camping/riding spot for memorial, somewhere around victoryville, where is the best(coolest as in temp and riding) to go for memorial weekend?? what are the temps around victorville area late may?

dante

Mar 24, 2004
it's still plenty chilli at night in the Mojave Deserts... But as soon as the sun comes up it gets warm and then hot... but it's not as hot as that national was at Superstition... could also be windy...

taksx

Oct 7, 2004
Steve,
You guy's can try Stoddard Wells.
Its right off the 15fwy a few miles north of Victorville. This would make it a half way point from LV and SD. I think :think:

Plenty of riding there. You can ride all the way to Johnson valley and a quick ride to the Slash X Ranch bar for beer and food. :) and a hole of other stuff.

Eddie. :cool:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
It used to be that all the crazy people rode out at El Mirage but Stoddard is starting to get the same reputation. However, I would still take Stoddard over El Mirage anytime especially on a holiday. If your going to Stoddard, go a little down the road and dont camp around the normal staging camping areas. There are plenty of areas to camp out in the open where you wont have a ton of people speeding around your camp, especially if you have kids. If you want a little more seclution and its still easy to access, go down by Slash X then head out on the eastern side of Stoddard. Its a lot less crowded. Just my experience.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Be careful out there......Lots of people on holiday weekends.

Also keep an eye out for trucks and buggys. They haul a** out there.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Now the entrance to El Mirage is paved. Watch out.

I really like the area on the other side of Stoddard and the 15. I believe the exit is Dale Evans Pkwy, turn left and find your camping spot.

Are you taking kids and family, or just yourself?

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
yes this will be a family outting, i think im going to the jackrabbits poker run around cal city, should be great, never rode in that area and have always wanted to go.

joedirty

Mar 12, 2005
Stoddard Wells is your best bet!!! go up or down the I-15 get off at Bell Mountain road take it all the way to the end off to the right you well see a trailer that offers tire repair and stuff like that the guys name is Mike and if you want to see some crazy kids ride balls out follow is 2 boys!!!!!!!!!! c u up there ( me yz 250) # 37 my cuz yz250 #91 and his son yz 125 #91

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
I know it is a little late on the thread. But there is always Spangler hills near Ridgecrest. From Victorville it should only be about an hour or so. Dry camping there are Wagon wheel and teagle wash.

Top Bottom