dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
I've never ridden North Of Riverside County and was going to look into the High Deserts/Lucerne areas I guess. Unit74 from KTMTalk said that the high deserts are the place to ride. I go to Ocotillo Wells and all, but going north sounds really good. I just don't know where to go. I've heard of Camp Rock Road, was told to hit camp rock road and just keep going. Was told that there are some nice trails and open riding out that way. Camp anywhere from what the rider said.

Any input on locations would be a big help. I was also looking into Lake Arrow Head area, it's just my knee is giving me a fit right now and I don't know if technical single track is what it needs. Maybe desert trails would be best.

Thanks for any help.

ed
Fallbrook, CA

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I like to go out Bessemer Mine Road, which is just a bit west of Camp Rock Road; proceed about 3 miles to Sogge Dry Lake, which will be on your left. Lots of trails heading in all directions from the lake, but I like those heading to the north. You can also hit great trails on the east side of the road, across from the lake. And you can test your main jet on the dry lake, which is almost two miles long. Have fun.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Now that the days are cooling off, it should be beautiful out there. I'd like to make a fall trip to ride the dez. I always seem to be out there in August.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Another good spot is out camp rock road to Johnson Valley OHV Park at Anderson dry lake, again great trails in all directions, the best being North/North East of the camping area.

don't go alone and take a GPS, it easy to get carried away and forget where you are.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by dingoe

Any input on locations would be a big help. I was also looking into Lake Arrow Head area,

Thanks for any help.

ed
Fallbrook, CA

Dingoe.

The Arrowhead area is a great place to ride. We usually stage near Lake Silverwood off of Hwy 138. If you go up the 15 freeway to Hwy 138 and turn right. Go out a few miles until you see lake Silverwood on your left. Go past the lake. The road will turn into a long straight and then make a sharp right. At the sharp right you will see a small road to the left. There will be a sign that says Silverwood maintaince road, or sumtin' like that. Go down that road and park.

From that area you can go to Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear, Fawnskin or down into Hesperia. Lots of fun single track and also lots of wide open fire roads. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: (Oops, excuse me. Got a little excited there :confused: .)

Be sure to stop at the Ranger station on the way and get an Adventure pass. You will need it to park there. Also pick up a map of the area. Shows all of the trails.

The So Cal Wrecking Crew usually has at least one organized ride up there each year. Keep an eye on this forum for future rides.

You are welcome to come along.

Ol'89r

Last edited:

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Guys, Thanks again for all the info and I'll keep my eyes open for any group rides. I'm printing it off and checking my maps.

Keep the rubber side down and keep it FUN!

Thanks
ed

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
There's also the Phelan ridge trail (when you get healed up) that's one of my favorite local spots, and you can access Johnson Valley from the west by taking the 15 Frwy. to the Outlet Mall offramp in Lenwood (just north of Victorville). You can ride from Lenwood all the way to Lucerne if you're brave enough!

Another local (to me) spot that's a fun day ride is El Mirage, which has an 11 mile long dry lake (which I understand is mostly underwater right now) and miles of hilly trails which will challenge your rock and sand abilities. This area is just N/W of Victorville.

The trails off of Silverwood that 89'r described are excellent, offering jeep roads and singletrack. An adventure pass can be purchased at the Chevron station right at the 138 off-ramp.

:thumb:

As 9'r&nbsp; suggested, keep an eye on this forum for group rides. We're planning a day trip to El Mirage very soon!

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
KTMBoy, Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm going to drive up to the Pinnacles Saturday evening and then ride Sunday. First I"ll set out to Silverwood and check it out and after that, run to Crab Flats or so. Based on my USFS map it looks like a lot of OHV trails back there. I'll get in late and I hope to find a trail map at the Pinnacles. I have a Adventure Pass, I use one around here so I'm good there. Maybe next weekend I'll get over the hill into the desert stuff. I got the word that guys are riding our desert areas (Ocotillo Wells SRVA), but it's in the 100's in the day. I'll keep an eye out for the El Mirage ride, that looks like it's up around the 395 MX Track or so.

Thanks again

Ed

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
The GPS out at Johnson is definately a good idea. Found myself lost out there once. Man I thought I was going to be vulture kill before I finally found my way back.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Just got back from a weekend of ridding with my kids at Soggy Lake. Thanks to all on desert info. I really liked the rocky/hilly trails and my oldest boy like the lake and some of the less whopped out trails around the area. I ride Ocotillo Wells SRVA down here, but I look forward to the next time I get back up north. Man those trails are fun.

Thanks again to all for the information.

ed

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom