jessemaynard

May 16, 2004
I have a 1997 yz 125, idles too high, thought maybe was an air leak, used carb cleaner around differnt areas of the motor, didnt detect any air leaks, cant figure how to idle it down, runs great, other than the idling problem, thanks for any help.

rooster51

Feb 18, 2004
yz125 high idling

Im having the same problem with my 98 yz125. Im running cam 2 though and its not jetted correctly for a higher octane. Check the air boot that runs off the carb see if there is any cracks, if so replace it. Does the bikes idle change? like does it go up and down? I will update you on how my bike is within the next few days. I think you are having the same problem as me.

jessemaynard

May 16, 2004
It stays the same, theres not much adjustment like on the older bike, I just changed bikes after 22years, this is my first late model bike, since 1982.

rockers109

Oct 13, 2002
You can try to adjust the air srcew turn it in to see if the idle goes down then back it out a 1/4 turn at a time till it revs at it's highest level. Do it a couple of times to make sure you get the same results. It should be 1 1/2 to 2 turns out, if it's more lean the pilot if less richen the pilot. Also make sure you have play in your throttle cable and the idle screw is'nt in to far raising the slide to much.Just sounds like both bikes need the carbs adjusted. If it's an air leak the throttle response would be irratic and would rev down very slowly.

i
Hope this helps

Top Bottom