michigan

Mar 9, 2001
I was getting my butt kicked by a big hill yesterday at Wellsville. When I got my bike down after attempt #2, somone pointed out a sign nailed to a tree. The hill had a name. It was called "The chainsaw massacre".

And 2nd gear pinned on a kx500 just wasn't enough!

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
And 2nd gear pinned on a kx500 just wasn't enough

The magic gear on a 500cc 2-Stroke is 3rd !! 2nd gear generates too much wheel spin. If you can get a big bore 2 smoker in 3rd gear, you can climb just about anything !!

PlumbBob

May 14, 2002
Kiwi,

Nice Jawbone pics! Just like being there .... Are you coming out the first weekend?

I'm counting the days till the 21st. Too much rain here in Oregon. Endoquest is going to caravan down with Belle and I on Friday.

Bonehead and Cynthia are coming to Rapids' house Friday and all are heading to Jawbone on Saturday. No Jared this year. Too bad.

The firewood truck should follow them in on Saturday night.

See ya there,

Bob 'n Belle

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by bbbom

But here's a typical Northern Idaho hill that I'm coming down:

That's the kind of hill (rock littered) that gets me shakin' like jello. There was a similar hill at one of the TWMC enduros, only less well traveled and probably a little less less solid. I won't tell you how I handled that one .... :scream:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Nice shot, BBoom...! That ought to make some sphincters pucker...! :scream:

<tee-hee>

It all goes to prove it's just what you're used to. One persons' "have-to'do-this-every-ride-to-get-to-"x" is another person's "no-EFFIN-WAY!!!!"

Cheers! - ET

Evilgenius

Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by YZThumper
Here is a link to a web page where I uploaded a few hill climb videos. I have quite a few good hill climb videos, unfortunately my ISP only gives me 10Mb of free web space. Like any other picture or video, they just don't do the steepness or length of the hill any justice :aj:

Spodes Inc. Videos

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Cool! I really like hearing the bikes rather than music when watching riding clips. That slate wall must have been steep, he was grabbing several gears on the way up to it.

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
Got a new ISP that gives me plenty more storage space. I've got a few more videos out there for everyone to check out !!!

Spodes Inc. :aj:

Top Bottom