kisnerob

Apr 17, 2003
Have you tried the big hill at bear creek? I made it about 1/4 of the way, I can't see how anybody could make it on a stock bike. I hear about 4 riders have made it to the top in last 20 years.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Used too have this hill out at Hollister Hills called "The Mile CLimb" Very steep w/big whooops and went forever :aj: I made it a few times on a 89yz250.. Now the hill is closed for some reason :think:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Just about anyone who has ever taking a pic of a hill will tell you the same thing. The size and grade of the hill almost never comes through. One of the best pics I have is a 35mm pic of a coal hill. The hill is framed well in the print, but I still have to point out to everyone who looks at it that there is a guy on a dirt bike about 3/4 of the way up the hill. They then look closer and go say, Oh My God, thats a big hill!
Some other big hills I have ridden are the peak in McAdoo, The Turttle in Paragon is long, rocky, and snakes over 2000 ft in vertical.
Here are some digital pics that turned out ok of a particulary nasty little rock hill in Paragon. copy and paste urls
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jasnker/pics/Paragon/midsizepics/rockhill1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jasnker/pics/Paragon/midsizepics/rockhill2.jpg
The trees in the picture give some referance to vertical and to the size of the rocks. I had trouble going DOWN that one, some day maybe Ill try going up it, it was raining this day and all that orange clay and the rocks were snotty wet :) .

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
Here is a link to a web page where I uploaded a few hill climb videos. I have quite a few good hill climb videos, unfortunately my ISP only gives me 10Mb of free web space. Like any other picture or video, they just don't do the steepness or length of the hill any justice :aj:

Spodes Inc. Videos

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I tried a hill once...realized why I like riding OPB (Other People's Bikes)...

(I've never even seen the huge, Kiwi style hills...not sure I want to)

Attachments

• me_hill.jpg
    me_hill.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 438

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hey YZThumper-- is that slate wall video taken at Tower City?   We rode as guests there last year, and saw that wall.  Looked more appropriate for a trials bike! :)

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
gospeedracer - Where were those pictures taken? Those are some ultra gnarly hills! (dscn0168) :worship:

Click :my pictures: below for a few of mine

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Dead - those are my pics, 168 and many others there are from Jawbone Canyon in So Cal.

We have a ride there over the week of Thanksgiving that we call Spanksgiving - you are welcome to attend if you would like to experience the pucker factor acheived by one coming down the hill after an unsuccessful attempt.

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
Lori,

Yup, that's the big slate wall at Tower City. It's 100 times more intimidating in person, especially considering it's a pure piece of slick slate. Not making that hill is not an option, LOL !!!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If anyone wants to witness some of the best hillclimbers in SoCal in action then the Spanksgiving ride is the ticket. Kiwi and his friends are willing to go wear mountain goats fear to tread! There are several 'easier' hills around for the squeemish guys like me too! :confused:

Top Bottom