jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
What do you do at the top of hills that have a 2ft flat wall straight up to keep from getting bucked off or jumping straight up, the hill that im talking about is near the wagon wheel in west virginia.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
gas it and pray :laugh: that is a tough one. does anyone else do it? you should try and watch them or ask someone who does.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
'Body language'.. basically, you want to be standing up over the bars, when the front wheel tops the crest, use you body weight to push the front wheel down/ and over the top., making sure you have just enough momentum to carry the back wheel up and over as well.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
There was this crazy guy that used to hit a hill as you described. He would carry speed all the way to the top, gas it and get some air and then whip it sideways and hit the rear brake at the same time. He would land it every time, perpendicular to the line. Amazing. Don't try this until you have some good experience with hills! :ohmy:

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
logs?

sort of along these lines, how do you go over logs on the trail? do you wheelie over, and sort of rock forward? or what. i've got a couple big ones down.

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
That doesn't sound like a good idea pulling a wheelie on the side of a hill, i see myself flipping all the way back down.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
atkkid250 said:
sort of along these lines, how do you go over logs on the trail? do you wheelie over, and sort of rock forward? or what. i've got a couple big ones down.
Try to line up and hit them at 90 degrees. I prefer to wheelie and have the front tire hit about 45 degrees down from the top. If you lift the front tire completely over, when the rear tire/frame does hit the log, it will throw the front down more violently. Once I get the front over, I usually let off and allow my momentum to carry me over, assuming I hit it hard enough.

Here is an old guy doing that in the back yard with a 55 gallon barrel: http://themxtrack.com/Barrel.wmv

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Shaw520 said:
'Body language'.. basically, you want to be standing up over the bars, when the front wheel tops the crest, use you body weight to push the front wheel down/ and over the top., making sure you have just enough momentum to carry the back wheel up and over as well.

Shaw is correct.

The key is momentum. You have to have enough speed and momentum to carry you over the vertical part without using the throttle. When you get to the vertical section, roll off of the throttle and get way up over the bars. If you are on the throttle at the vertical section you will loop out.

Top Bottom