Hinson clutch components - quick question for the pros?

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Hi - I hope I am in the right place as my question is regarding performance, but sorry in advance if I am in the wrong section... it seems right.

Anyhow, I suppose this is sort of a novice question, but I was hoping to clarify a concept I cant quite get my head around (even after a search here and some additonal reading). After disassembling my clutch and seeing the beginings of some notching in the tangs of the basket, I am considering after-market components. They seem considerably more expensive although I'm sure they are worth it. My question lies here: Am I strictly buying additional durablility?? ... or is there actual performance gain which can be measured, even slightly (beyond, say, smooth action or better feel)??

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can shed some light on my understanding of this. Thanx

P.S. To Eric Gorr if you happen by, I bought your book and it is has been indispensible. Well written, informative... a big help. Nice Job and thanx.

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Whoops. That was quick. Sorry about posting in the wrong spot. Thought I was really asking a more conceptual performance question rather than looking for a product rating, but now I know...

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I am no pro, but the feel of a new Hinson Basket vs the old worn stocker is enought to notice. I did not buy all three Hinson pieces, but I did ass th ebasket.

If you price a stock basket, these are quite expensive. I have also used my Hinson for 1 1/2 years . It shows no wear at all. I dont see this piece wearing ut.

rsaxa

Feb 5, 2004
What about for a 04 KTM 125sx, is there a great deal of difference? Would I be able to feather the clutch better?

Thanks,
Bob

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I am thinking it might be difficult to tell the difference right at first. If your comparing the stock hinson basket to a brand new stocker, there migh be a small difference, but not a lot.

Comparing the Hinson to worn stock pieces is noght and day.

Top Bottom