jackflack44

May 3, 2008
During or after riding does anyone else experience hip pain? When I put out a leg to steady myself around the corners, and sometimes if I wash out I'll keep myself up with my legs and it really hurts my hip joints. Any advice for this? Anyone else with the same issue?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I learned early on that taking your feet off the pegs to try to save yourself is bad in 2 ways. One, it is easy to break/hurt things. I broke an ankle my first year doing that. Two, When you take your feet off the pegs, you have given up control and pretty much resigned yourself to crash.

When the kids were starting I told them that the only time they should take their feet off the pegs was when they were going to get off the bike, because that is what usually happens when you take your feet off the pegs.

You should put your inside foot forward to balance and weight the front end in a turn. You should not use it to skim the ground as an outrigger.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Hip Pain...here's my recent problem: I started to encounter more and more hip pain, but not while riding or being active, by the time I got to the track I was already hurting...I got it when I sitting on my ass in the office or in the van on the way to a race. My right side actually started to go numb...so I did a little digging and tried some things...all better now...turns out that after carrying my wallet in my right back pocket for the better part of my life, and sitting on it all day, that's what caused my troubles. I now take my wallet out when in a vehicle, and at work I just switched from the right pocket to the left. Now before you get any ideas, my wallet is very thick and filled with lots of 100 Dollar bills...NOT.
I know it doesn't have anything to do with riding, just felt like sharing my hip pain.

plynn41

Jun 8, 2009
jackflack44 said:
During or after riding does anyone else experience hip pain? Any advice for this? Anyone else with the same issue?

Heck yeh! I have a partially separated left hip that is unstable and can give me fits if the joint gets out of alignment. I found that simply getting on the bike from the left side cause me a lot of grief because of the flexing motion of the hip. Now, I avoid that by stepping up on the left footpeg and swinging my right leg over the bike while balancing the bike. It took some practice, but I never get the pinched nerve anymore from simply mounting the bike.

And I'm very careful about when and where I put my feet out while riding. I still have hip problems, but riding doesn't aggravate them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom