HiPo Head for the KDX???

Oct 15, 2004
I am helping a local manufacturer gauge public intrest in a High Preformance head for the KDX 200 with interchangeable combustion chambers, that allow you to change your motors compression ratio. They currently make this product for most 2-stroke water-cooled bikes with great results. DO KDX OWNERS WANT SUCH A THING????? They would be about $180.

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
I personally wouldn't put it on the short list of things I wanted. Trail riders would rather spend time in the woods than tearing top ends apart every week or so like the MX crowd. I know I have a "fixed" compression rate, and make performance mods around that. If I need more compressoin I'll get the head decked.I'd take the 180 pesos and put a K-35 woods pipe on it....more bang for the buck IMHO

pdiddy

Mar 5, 2004
trailryder said:
I know I have a "fixed" compression rate, and make performance mods around that.

I thought the KDX has a variable compression rate, 7.9:1 (high speed) – 9.4:1 (low speed).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…