jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
hit and ride

Did anybody catch the GNCC footage where Hawkins nailed a spectator after the first turn?? I couldnt believe it at first. It was really wierd how the guy got up almost looked like he had done it on purpose. It looked like he was getting cheers from the other spectators or something. Anyway just wondering if anybody saw it or might have actually been there.

Last edited:

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
The guy was lucky Hawkins saw him and backed off some. It was a bone head move, how can you not hear all of those bikes at the start of the race. Don't get me wrong, I love see spectators out on the course (the side of the course) cheering for people. But too many times you see them standing or sitting in the trail.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by davidg
I love see spectators out on the course (the side of the course) cheering for people. But too many times you see them standing or sitting in the trail.

I like seeing the spectators out there too. I won't purposely try to hit one, but if they get in the way....I don't back off either. They signed a release and they are responsible for there own safety. If they aren't smart enough to stay off the trail or get out of the way when we come alone, they just become another "log" obstacle to negotiate.

Top Bottom