JOE13

Nov 15, 1999
I've never ridden any of the new 250fs but im so sick of changing my spark plugs on my 2 stroke and constantly feathering the clutch i think im ready for a thumper. Im pretty set on this bike but was wondering if any of you own one or have ridden one and what your personal opinions are. Seems like the perfect bike for me considering i primarily do trails and do a little casual mx. let me know -Joe

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Joe: Yea those WR's are really sweet bikes! On another note, my KX500 was a plug eater too until I took the time to set it up correctly. I did that late spring of last year and NEVER changed/fouled a plug ALL summer (and I ride a fair amount too). Curious to know whether or not you gave that RM a fair chance to show its TRUE inner self..
Just a thought
Woodsy

JOE13

Nov 15, 1999
i did some jetting to the ol rm. When i ride mx it never fouls but when i take it on the tight trails its tuff to keep the rpm up all the time to keep that plug clean. prob could get the jetting it a little better but its just not the right bike for the trails. Have u ridden a wr250f? I heard recently from a guy i was talken to that they like to "blow up". said that the rods like to disconnect or somthen.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
What 2-stroke are you on now? 125 or 250?

If your on a 125, my first reccomendation is to properly jet the bike, since jetting has the greatest effect on spark plug fouling, and also I think a WR450F would be a better choice if your on a 125 now.

JOE13

Nov 15, 1999
im on a 125 now but, other than the fouling of spark plugs, i just crave some more low end torque. I know the 250f's dont have gobs of low end but i bet it'll feel like a lot after ridding a 125. A wr450 would be cool but they seem a bit heavy for me (145lbs) and i do a lot of really tight trails so i think the 250f is a better choice so far.

WRick

Feb 20, 2004
Joe13, I know exactly how you feel about wr calling your name,it even incorporated itself into my name :eek:
I raced a yz250 2 smoker in mx and enduros for many years and i really enjoyed it,and was very concerned that i would be trading my 2 stroke in and paying more and getting less of a bike [because i had no time on the new generation bikes,only my old 91 xr250 to compare].Believe me when i tell you,you wont be disappointed with the new 03/04 wr250f [or,yz250f]. !The ergonomics are better on the 03 and newer.The thrill that my yz250 2 stroke gave me,now has me suprized to be saying, "I will never buy another 2 smoker again after riding my wr. "
If you take the best qualities of both the 125 and 250 2smokers ,you get the Wr
Thats a penny for my thoughts,and i put in my two cents worth [so i guess you owe me a penny

JOE13

Nov 15, 1999
i have bee seriously thinking of just going all out and getting the wr250 this summer. $ is an issue tho, and my dad's kdx runs great and he barely rides it so i think im gonna barrow that :clue: . In the mean time i'll just have to stare at my wr250f backround for a few years...someday... :whiner:

Top Bottom