motoB

Mar 6, 2002
Ok, my buddy picked up his 05 yz 250 last night.
First impression, did not like the notches in the upper section of the frame. Other than that, nice The welds look very nice, better than my 97 cr250. Forks are HUGE, 48mm I think, Engine is compact, w/ a kehin carb dont know the size. Plastics look the same. Has excel wheels. The sales guy said the pegs are titanium. Sounds nice, but a new plated pipe would set it off. Up and down the street it feels very very light. Then the cops showed up and I went home.

Hopefully we get it on the track this weekend and I'll give some more details. I'm still a rookie so we will see how forgiving the bike is.
He is coming off a 99 kx 125 so i am sure he'll be happy
May be time to go blue? :think:

BigSwole

Jun 8, 2004
you wanna go blue huh :yikes: have you gone mad!! ? LOL red,white,blue,orange dont matter bro......whatever your happy with.nobody said you had to stick to one,or did they LOL.If I could,I would have one of each. :cool:

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
I think the only substantial thing they really changed was the frame for 2005 (why change a perfect motor?). The 48 mm forks are awesome! They suck up all the little stuff and make for a very forgiving ride. The forks will seem very stiff compared to the kx 125's suspension, but they won't bottom out and are very consistent. The pegs are titanium. They suposedly have a new formula for the plastic to keep it from fading. Another good addition is the wrap-around front brake hose routing. I'll likely be doing this to mine soon.

Geez, now I feel like I'm riding a dinosaur. J/K, I'm perfectly happy with my 2004, but I would love to take the 2005 for a spin and see just how light they really are. I hear they are 4.5 lbs lighter than the 2004, which in MX terms is a huge difference. I just hope they got it right the first time (the frame that is). Enjoy!!!

Man, I was just looking over the specs for the '05 YZ 125, incredible! They put the 48 mm forks on the 125!!! Now I really want to ride the 125 too, with a completely new engine and frame. The only thing I don't like the sound of is the plastic water pump impellar, but that is a quick fix. Weighing in at 196 lbs, I bet that thing is really easy to flick around. :aj:

Top Bottom