zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
All the recent holidays have provided some good riding. I feel fortunate to live in the Pacific Northwest where we can ride year-round. Thanksgiving was an action packed weekend of riding in Tillamook, Oregon. Christmas Eve was a day for riding near home at Walker Valley. The day after Christmas we did an awesome trail ride in Chilliwack, British Columbia. For New Years it was a little more low-key. A group of us had a get together at the home of a couple in our motorcycle club who live on 18 acres which is mostly dedicated to motorcycle trails and a small grasstrack. Prior to the traditional New Years sport of beer drinking, we broke out a few TTR 125's and an XR 200 to beat around on. Most of the participants normally ride 450 4-strokes and I'm a 200 EXC rider, so it was a play bike event for all of us. We raced around the trails and grasstrack for a couple hours trying to knock each other over, roost one another, etc. while trying to keep from busting up our kneecaps on the handlebars. Then we managed to get in a couple of field games before the rains came. There were plastic 55 gallon barrels that we rolled with the front tires of our bikes across a field and through a gate. No rules here, it's a free-for-all of bike ramming and barrel kicking to get the competition off pace and be first through the fence. Good stuff! The next game was mostly entertaining for the spectators to watch. The object was to ride across the field and stop as close as possible to the finish line. The trial run was easy, it got harder for the real deal with a paperbag over my head! Riding a dirt bike blinded is a trip! My husband won this prestigious event (I'm so proud!). Lots of fun was had by all.

Next holiday....Martin Luther King Day. We're hoping to get in a street ride that weekend. Please do an anti-rain dance for us.

Happy New Years everyone!

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
You always win my vote for how to have the most fun on a dirtbike :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sounds fun! I was back in the PNW for Christmas but without a bike, though I did get to go snowmobiling 3 times!

I forget, what bike do you ride on the street?

Top Bottom