blips269

Apr 8, 2003
I have never been here and would like to know what it's like? I've seen pic's of it and have been building it up like it's dirt riders heaven to my friends, so I hope it is.
Please if anyone has any pic's of it or input I would really appreciate it, me and my friends will be up there Memorial weekend and if anybody else is look for me and my #7 Honda cr250!

Thanks and have a good one

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Hollister is probably the best state run dirt bike park. The trails are signed as to level of difficulty and direction. Most of the single track is one way.

The San Andreas (a small creek) runs through the middle of the park. On one side of the creek the soil is adobe, on the other side the soil is sandstone. After a big storm the adobe side is closed off.

Hollister is a good place for families because of the number of small race tracks and easy trails. As far as challenging trails I'd have to say there are only two legal ones left. Troll and Pete's path.

There are also camping sites, not sure if there are any showers.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Blips,
Hollister is definately fun too ride at.. LOts of trails that are marked and some even groomed.. In another thread i posted that today it was like riding at a golf course, the grass was green and the dirt was moist and had lots of traction.. Let me know if you ever waant too ride there, lately i've been going there on saturdays..
Rick

blips269

Apr 8, 2003
Thanks for replying guy's. We will be coming up Memorial weekend, so if any of you will be there we will be riding Saturday the 24th of May through tuesday the 27th. I am not sure how to respond to you guy's because I'm new to these forums, so if you have any suggestions let me know.

Thanks Brian

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Its got a ok track. But if your experienced at trails you will be bored after 1/2 a day. The trails arent really that challenging. I suppose they have a couple of black diamonds, but not to bad. It just has nice campspots, showers, green hills (right now), and well maintained trails (usually). I like riding there and go alot. But if your pumping up your friends, I wouldnt make it sound to challenging. And watch out for holiday weekends. They have regular ambulance visits on all holidays. Even though the trails are one way.

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
It's a nice place to ride, but not as big as Clear Creek or Hungry Valley, but is for more organized than those 2 places & much safer place to ride as far as one ways and such. You might be lucky when you get ther that weekend cause I think the new expansion area will be open. I'm riding out there today and will find out and post the info.

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
Yeah, I know its kinda lame :) but when I signed up for this forum, I couldnt think of any other name. Yes I do have a WR its a 02 426 with all the normal mods.

Alex04

Apr 10, 2002
Hollister has ok trails peats path is easy and the troll trail is tough but hollister needs more brutral hill climbs. But dont go to hungary valley it blows! carnige is the olny place I have been thats better than hollister

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Alex04
Hollister has ok trails peats path is easy and the troll trail is tough but hollister needs more brutral hill climbs. But dont go to hungary valley it blows! carnige is the olny place I have been thats better than hollister
I'll take Hollister any day, Last time i was at Carnegie, there was a bad head on collision (no directional trails) gets so dry that you can see rubber on the dirt.. Carnegie does have a nice mx track though and is close by..

Top Bottom