ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
I took a chance and went to hollister this weekend and was not dissapointed, the weather was perfect (around 70) the morning was cold but that changed about 8:30am, the entire park was open to traffic and as usual the camp grounds were packed but the trails were not (Most SVRA riders dont like to get there bikes dirty so they just show off in the parking lots and around the streets) the dirt was some of the best I have ever rode, the mud was a lot of fun but only found at the lower elevations, the soft dirt sand mixture on top of the moutains was atleast 2-4 inces thickand was simply soft damp heaven.
I spent the better part of the day throwing roost and enjoying my family.

Here are a few pics, I thought I would share some of this great California weather :)

My son checking his jetting CLICK

Camp ground CLICK

Hollister 2 CLICK

Hollister 3 (my lil brother) CLICK
Hollister 4 CLICK

Ed Silva

May 17, 2002
hollister

It's funny, I was two rigs over from you on Sat.
I had the Chevy truck with enclosed & KTM's
That's my daughter next to you with the white Tahoe, enclosed trailer & Yamaha's that was in between us.
yes the upper section had great traction and we found some mud in the lower part. Did you go through the mud
patch leading and out of Rancho road ?
It's great to see all the rigs and families out together.It will be nice to see them open the new part, hopefully they will open another camp area there. It seems like they could do some ground work to get more places to park.

russ95678

Aug 6, 2002
That looks completely different than over the Christmas break when my partner and I went in the pouring rain. Even then, the ride was great up on top! :uh:

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
We went on friday..............Hardly any people there until about 2 when EVERYONE seemed to be coming in for the weekend.....

What an awesome day!!!! I LOVE and APPRECIATE tractors/operators that groom the trails just for us!

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
Damn you Ed Silva ! I wish I would have know we could have talked for a while and did some riding.
I am planning a trip to Clear Creek this weekend because of these pictures that were taken last weekend from there CLICK

I would love to hook up with any of you and do some riding, I am leaving this Thursday night with my 14 year old and the wife, leaving Clear Creek Sunday mid aternoon.

There will be some other people who are suppose to be going that I have met once or twice before but I don't plan to ride with them.

Give me a PM so we can make a plan before its time to go.

Ed, I am trying to remember exactly what and where you were......
You all know as well as I do that the rain is coming and these excellent conditions don't come very often in the winter so get off the couch and set your football game on tivo and lets make this weekend a epic ride to remember!

Richard

Top Bottom