Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Hey Papakeith, was nice meeting you! I think you should win the "Best Lighted helmet" award.:cool: see ya next year.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Originally posted by Cycledelic Neophyte
PapaKeith,

You've got my vote for nicest guy at DW01. Always had that smile on your face. I enjoyed meeting you.

Anytime I went looking for Papa all I had to do was look for that smile :) It was a pleaser to meet you Papa, I would have taken your bike for a spin but 500cc's is a bit much for me to handle when I have trouble with 125

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by Jeff Allen

I would have taken your bike for a spin but 500cc's is a bit much for me to handle when I have trouble with 125

Jeff, you need to stay as far away from 500cc's as possible!!! There are women and children present at these events and we don't need them to see what true carnage looks like!!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Yup, it was an awesome lighting setup. . .to look at.
Trouble was the Mag light on the fender that was aimed at the ground somehow started lighting up the back of peoples helmets. I don't know why. But it started doing that right after I sat on the bike.:confused: The two lights on my helmet were off looking for squirrels after the first bump.:eek:
Not to worry, I've got my R&D dept. working feverishly on the problem. The helmet light will ride again.;)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
After my second lap, I thought my headlight had vibrated loose or something. It seemed to be reflecting off of my front fender really bad. After about a lap I blinked big a few times and realized my contact had gotten bounced over.LOL

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by CAL
After my second lap, I thought my headlight had vibrated loose or something. It seemed to be reflecting off of my front fender really bad. After about a lap I blinked big a few times and realized my contact had gotten bounced over.LOL

That had to feel weird. Did you finish the race that way or were you able to blink it back into place?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I got lucky and blinked it back into place. I had to borrow a buddy's goggles because I forgot and left the tinted lense in mine. His goggles didn't fit too well and were letting dust in. Dust and contacts don't mix well. Speaking of dust. Was the dust hard to cut thru in the dark or what!?:scream: The headlight in the dust was blinding. That's why I kicked it up a notch and tried to stay ahead of everyone. I actually got to pass people.:eek:

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by CAL
Was the dust hard to cut thru in the dark or what!?:scream: The headlight in the dust was blinding.

I was one of the many that were not foolish enough to try and ride in the dark!!! I do commend you on your passion for the sport, you must really like to ride to even attempt that course in the dark. Only guy from our crew that tried the night run came back with bent bars and a broken bark buster. I have enough crashes in the daytime let alone at night!!!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
That was my first time to "really" ride in the dark. It was a blast!:) I'm definately doing it next year. Not sure I could do it if all I had was a flashlight though. Those guys are the brave ones.:cool:

Top Bottom