Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm home, I had a blast, I'm tired. more later.
good night :)
Chuck, clean out your PM box! :)

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Keith Glad to read you made it home. I just wanted to say it was nice to meet you, and thank you for always having a smile on your face:) It made me feel welcome in a group of ex-strangers Darin (aka dkb)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Glad to hear it PapaKieth. It was really nice getting to meet you and your sense of humor made it real easy to pick on you in the woods race. I had a blast riding with ya. See ya next year.

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
It was a real pleasure to meet and talk with you. Now that you have become such an adventurer, I expect to see you at DW02. You take the award for the most gallant gentleman. You made me feel quite special. Thanks!

Joy

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It was good to meet you. I'm glad you made the trip. I look forward to next year.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A pleasure for sure Papakeith.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
I nominate Papakieth for the Nicest Guy at DW '01 Award. I think he was one of the first guy to introduce himself when we got there.

Look forward to seeing you next year!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I hope he at least gave some swimming lessons while he was there :p It looked like there was enough rain for some interesting demos

Papa is a real nice guy (typical of everyone I’ve met from DRN) and I look forward to riding with him again at the Nor’east spodefest in October. Are you still coming? I’ll be there Friday only.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
shiftless- It was truly a pleasure to meet you. I'll be coming out with a list of all my firsts I acheived last week sometime soon. I feel honored to be able to count you, your husband, and your children among those I call my friends.

RM_guy - You'll be happy to know that OffRoadWarrior and LoriKTM did their darndest to help me go swimming at DW01!:) Thanks for the kind words. I will be at the NESF on thurs/Friday.

DKB,Mikeb,justql- The pleasure was all mine! If you (or anyone else from the Dirtweek crew) make it up to New England make sure you look me up!

KC_BigDog_51- Stop it!! you're making me blush. Once I get my whole DW01 story online, you will see that I don't even make the top 100 of the Nicest Guy/Gal List.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I second that KC!! :)
Papakeith, I'm with everyone else. It certainly was a pleasure meeting you. I'm glad you ventured out to meet us all. Hope to see you next year! :)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
PAPA, it was a true pleasure meeting you and having the opportunity to be able to do the team hare scrambles with you, I had a BLAST and I hope you did too! I think every body else cut the course :p or we may have podiumed :) . At least we got the scrunchy switch over down a little better than the first hand off LOL, that was a good time MISTER!! I really hope you can swing it for next year, it wouldn't be the same if your not there, and I don't want to have to look for a new teammate next year :( . And I love your front AVATAR number plate, that was cool, we should all do that next year.
Take care MISTER!

Buster
ps, next year we'll SHARE your bike, it will be ok I swear, just ask Thump :p

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by billywho
At least we got the scrunchy switch over down a little better than the first hand off LOL, Buster

I forgot about the scrunchies...the day after the Team Hare Scramble tx246 still was wearing his pink one. I think he kinda liked it.:eek:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI

:scream:

Funny thing is I offered test rides on my bike all week, but I didn't have any takers.
That hare scramble was a blast! I agree there must have been a shortcut that everyone else was taking. PROTEST!!!!(It couldn't have anything to do with me going straight when the course took a sharp left:confused: )
Billy, you have a standing invitation to swing a leg over my bike. If it can stand a week with me on it what could you possibly do?:think On second thought, maybe I better ask Thump.

Last edited:

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
LOL, same here, when they passed them out on the line, I put one on (pink) and then I coudn't find it so I got another one. I found the pink one when I was loading up to go home, it was some how still on my glove and I just never saw it all weekend :confused: . I don't know how woman keep track of those damn things.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000

You gotta problem with the bike you rode? :confused:

Well, the course cutting came to a big halt when I seen it happen, a little ribbon and parking my butt on a trail when some of the cheating was going on.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by Offroadr

You gotta problem with the bike you rode? :confused:

NO man it's not like that LOL, your bike was perfect for the woods , I just didn't know what the heck I was riding :o

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by Firemedic530
Billy couldn't have a problem with the bike he rode........He made that 125cc four stroke Gas Gas move pretty good through the woods;) Tim
Yeah but I should have used my brain and followed you so I didn't keep blowing all the stupid turns LOL, you just splashed me sooooo bad down the start straight I thought it would be best to lead:silly: WRONG! That first lap was a BLAST though !!!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Papakeith!
great meeting you!
and
Hey!!
i did intend to test out the big ol CR of yours!
thing looks mint!
just had to leave saturday for a wedding.
I rode one years ago..
hate to say as it shows my age..
but it was back when those were brand new models :)

dang i'm old :(

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
I will pass on the open ivitation for the ride on the vintage CR500. Just ask Julius Pleaser and he will tell why. Me and strange bikes don't mix. Man I am still sore from that crash.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000

NO man it's not like that LOL, your bike was perfect for the woods , I just didn't know what the heck I was riding :o

Just kidding of course.

Pretty amazing how you did since you hadn't even sat on the bike until 5 minutes before the start!

Oct 3, 2000
PapaKeith,

You've got my vote for nicest guy at DW01. Always had that smile on your face. I enjoyed meeting you.

AJ,

So that's where you were... I was looking for you to try out your CR80. Oh, well maybe next time.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom