Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I feel like I fell out of an airplane without a parachute and landed on some railroad tracks just as a train came by. I'm ready for next year! :thumb:

The bikes got sort of washed when we stopped and had the rented trailer washed and the 3 rain storms we went through. Still plenty of red dirt to remove from them though. Then bed of my truck has a good 1" coating.

Made it DougRoost's by 3pm after leaving at about 7:30am then spending 20 minutes getting the trailer washed and about 45minutes dropping it off. Hit McD's for breakfast and ran nonstop to Austin.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We're still in OK, leaving today. Scotter insists we spend the night half way home :( , so it'll be Tuesday night before we get there. Whooo Hooo!!! 7 more days and we start driving back! (Uggg)

We dropped-off the RV in OKC Sunday, then had to drive back to Cooperland to get the truck and trailer, it was so weird to see the place completly empty. What was like a bustling small town just hours before was nothing more than a large field.

More later, gotta hit the road.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Made it home after a relaxing 27 hour drive. Mickey D's in Memphis screwed me out of my apple pie, but otherwise it was an uneventful trip.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Had my bikes and gear loaded and came down with the creeping crud Sunday before and ran a 100 deg temp the whole week so I missed out, my son wasn't happy about the whole thing. Oh well next year!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
After spending the night with one eye open at Milk's (he's worse than Bob Petrico, y'know), I flew outta OKC and hit Spokane at about 4, got home around 5:30. Still sore . . . still grinning :)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Aimee and I arrived home last night around 8:15. Looks like 2 weeks worth of cleaning and re-organizing everything. Hopefully a week should be enough to catch up on sleep and let the minor dings heal up.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Glad to see people are making it home safe and sound.
When I got home my bags landed on the floor with a thud.

they haven't moved from that spot yet.
:)

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
After a grueling 1 hour plus drive Saturday night ;) I took my first shower since wednesday night (I was dirtier than Bob Petrico) and went to bed. Only to wake up at 3 AM when Kristen had a severe pain in her chest and needed some meds. Ended up with a trip to the ER, a shot of demorol(?) and no explanation???? She should be fine, but certainly a mystery.

Either way, she loved her one afternoon of DW and I had a blast as usual.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
We rolled back into Memphis about 1 pm Sunday stopped by MickeyD's and the girl saw the racing logo on the trailer, gave us an apple pie and said she owed us one? Weird

BTW WalMart in Conway sure has a great camping area right in front of the store then Sunday morning they had sausage biscuits ready for us ... Nice folks.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I called Rah rah (John) on his cell phone and found out that I was only about 70 miles behind you guys.  I camped out in a parking lot wedged in between an IHOP and a Lowe's.  There was a McD's in the parking lot of Lowes that was serving up breakfast.

Funny thing:  I stopped at McD's in Memphis and the chick behind the counter told me that 3 nuts in a motorhome stole all the apple pies while she was helping a customer at the Drive up window.

Now it all makes sense.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Mikeb
We rolled back into Memphis about 1 pm Sunday stopped by MickeyD's and the girl saw the racing logo on the trailer, gave us an apple pie and said she owed us one? Weird
Pie jacker! :think:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by Papakeith
When I got home my bags landed on the floor with a thud.

Funny, that's the same sound your bike made when it fell off the trailer at 85mph. :laugh:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I got home about 2 hours ago...
First thing I did was take a shower!! :aj:
Total miles round trip: 3513 miles :thumb:

will post some more later when my brain works again.......

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Farmer John
I got home about 2 hours ago...
First thing I did was take a shower!! :aj:
Total miles round trip: 3513 miles :thumb:

Glad you got home okay, FJ!!!&nbsp; I talked to Kiwi today and he said that they saw you sleeping at a rest stop somewhere along the way and were going to pull some&nbsp;tricks on you!!&nbsp; Apparently they let you sleep ;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Made it home after a relaxing 27 hour drive. Mickey D's in Memphis screwed me out of my apple pie, but otherwise it was an uneventful trip.
How did you manage to take 27 hours to get to the 'Ham?&nbsp; I made it through there in 11 or 12 hours.

BTW, what is it with the wierdos in Memphis?&nbsp; Some chick in a McDonald's uniform was throwing apple pies at any passing truck with a MX sticker!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We made it back just before 9pm Monday night.&nbsp; Left Stillwater Sunday around 8:30 am, stayed in Terre Haute IN, Sunday night and then finished the trip Monday.&nbsp; Lots of muddy bikes and gear to clean up.

I made the comment to Dave that it felt like we'd been gone a month, not just&nbsp;a week.&nbsp; I guess that's a good vacation!!&nbsp; :)

We're already planning our chili recipe for next year....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Farmer John

:whiner: Farmer John's last post I'll miss him :whiner:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
How did you manage to take 27 hours to get to the 'Ham?&nbsp; I made it through there in 11 or 12 hours.
Every trip I make takes 27 hours. The only exception is KC, which generally takes 56 hours (and $1500).

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Cam and I made it to Spokane about 7 p.m. local time on Monday night. We made it to Buffalo, WY (with not much to recommend it besides a Best Western that wanted $80/night--in Buffalo??) on Sunday night and spent the rest of the trip in a little more scenic country, through northern WY and across MT. Uneventful trip. Cam will head on up to Canada sometime later today.

Glad to hear everyone made it home ok!!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
We left DW at 11:00pm on Saturday night and got home a 12:04am Monday morning. Everything is cleaned and put away. I think I'll need to sleep for a few days now.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Just made it home from DW! The Xm radio kicks ass :aj:

4700 miles altogether, went by pretty fast. Time to start getting my stuff ready for next year and rehabilitating my liver.. :laugh:

Top Bottom