MotoX10

Jun 28, 2001
I love watching all of your home videos. If you have a few videos on the Internet, could you post the link to them, please? Thanks a lot. Hopefully I can get some videos up soon as well.

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
taraker: do you know what type of v-input card thump used? the quality is good and I've been looking for a decent card that is compatible with Adobe Premiere.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
it's not a card (analog) ... it's DV

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
taraker, I can get the sound to play, but not the video. Usually I use Windows Media Player, but when I attempt to play your videos, something else pops up. Do you have a mac or a pc?

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Okay, I give up.
Been looking into Divx ... Anssi, what did you use to cap it and compress it with Divx?

I have a Sony D8 camera (DV format but on Hi8 tapes) and use a Pyro Firewire card to capture it into big-arse .avi's still in DV format.

I have Ulead Mediastudio VE that came with the card that I use to cut the stuff and compress. It recognizes the divx codec I got from Divx.com

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
QuickTime Rules!

Come on guys, everybody knows Apples QT technology is far superior to anything out there! Edit an iMovie, (or REALLY edit w/ Final Cut Pro), compress with Media Cleaner Pro, and your vids will look AWESOME! :cool:
BTW, avi's are always chunky!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Ahhh, yes.....

Yes, DIVX would be the wave of the future. MPEG4 encoding will solve the skinny pipeline vs.hi-quality dilemma, and we'll probably be seeing hi-res streaming soon. For now though, were all stuck with trying to use the best codecs to squeeze as much information and quality as possible thru a 56k connection. Personally, I love the options available to me when compressing for the web, using Quicktime, and Media Cleaner. Ive seen some really awesome half-res,(360X240), clips that look beautiful, even if it is half size, (of full res DV). I also have heard about .asf files being very clean, but havent seen enough of them to dissect. Pretty cool stuff! :cool:

Okie-You gotta love iMovie just for the great codecs! The "save for web" function cant be beat!

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Okie, I just got a copy of imovie2... It writes back to DVD and it works on television DVD players. YAHOO!

The videos Taraker posted are sraight off a JVC DV Camera into iMovie. Saved for web as .mov files or Quick Time Movies.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
codecs and more codecs

David,

If your interested, I have some pretty awesome schemes for compression using the Sorenson codec. Let me know, and I'll email or post them. Quality is comparable to the QT Movie trailer site.

Wayne

YZr1der

Aug 17, 2001
THUMP

hey Thump,

I used the videos on your page and made a cool music video.... i just need a good codec to make it small and still have good video quality. when it's finished i'll send it to you if you want. can you suggest any good codecs?

Last edited:

YZr1der

Aug 17, 2001
video finished

ok, i got the file to be around 37megs (remember, it 4 mins long) and still look good. i had to zip and split it to put it on the web. if you want to see it you have to download all the files and and use the multi_video1.zip file to put them together. you can get it HERE.

Top Bottom