CR REV

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
I have heard of making seal drivers from PVC. Anyone have any other creative ideas? I am trying to make a driver for 43mm forks. And yes, I'm too cheap to buy the $70 part from racetech.

Can you cheat a couple of mm on the racetech drivers? I have acccess to 46mm driver would it work on 43mm tubes?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
A split piece of pvc pipe works-use the end of the fork leg to drive the pvc pipe onto the seals(basically use the weight of the fork leg as the driver)

ditchrider

Jun 20, 2001
Heck I just used a 16 inch long piece of 1 1/2 galvanized pipe with the end chamfered(so as not to damage the seal) on my wifes 92 XR200 worked slick as **** on a goose. No idea how that saying started.Later

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
JTT,

ditchrider's idea will not work on inverted forks but marcusgunby's will.

Simply split a piece of pvc, snap it over the fork slider, then I clamp it to the slider using a hose clamp or two, and use the weight of the slider to drive the seal in. Works great and costs almost nothing.

CR REV

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
Thanks for the ideas. I have a PVC version that should work fine. I haven't rebuilt them yet as I am still deciding what to do with the rest of the 95 Husqvarna WXE 360 that needs a complete rebuild. The big end bearing decided to self destruct last time out.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
I think one time before I crossed over to a ProX rod from the back of the book I think the HUSKY part was pretty pricey as was the HUSKY piston . Wiseco made a aftermarket piston for that bike but you may need to look around. Original Husky piston setup was like 3 bills if I remember correctly . We always used thick base gaskets on the 360 and glued them in place real well . If they slip it toasts the motor. Your bike must have some time on it, those bigger Husky cranks lasted a good long time .Had to fix alot of 125s though. GOOD LUCK

CR REV

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
Yes the piston kit is pricy and the best I can tell no one makes an aftermarket kit. Wiseco makes one for the 250 but doesn't list anything for the 360. I'll check into the PRO-X crossover rod. And yes the crank served its time. Thick base gaskets? The OEM part is very thin. Did you use two or fabricate?

Top Bottom