truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have one of the screens from a previous setup and I want to get the screen to attach into my stock YZ250F can.

Should I drill out the end cap rivets and then weld the screen to the end cap? If so, what type of weld should I use? How do I re-attach the end cap? I don't have any rivets but are there some self tapping bolts that can be bought?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks
Ivan
PS... below is the type of screen I have that I am planning on using. The ring fits nicely to the exhaust endcap hole on the outside.

633002444920000000BigGunSAScreen.jpg

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
What material is the end cap made of?

Looks like the ring is steel. If the end cap is steel also, I'd TIG or MIG the thing to the cap. If the cap is aluminum, you'll have to screw or rivet the screen to the end cap.

Rotor

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Thanks Rotor.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the $130 for a pro motobillet endcap. At least then if I do an Enduro I will have the stamp that I am told they are going to look for at tech inspection (although everyone says they never check but...).

Ivan

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You can fix almost anything with JB Weld.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Patman said:
You can fix almost anything with JB Weld.

But would JB Weld withstand the heat? Also, what type of screws can I use to put the end cap back on after I drill out the rivets?

I really do not want to go to the expense of buying a rivet gun.

Ivan

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
truespode said:
I really do not want to go to the expense of buying a rivet gun.

Ivan
Come on now Ivan you are spending $130 for an endcap. I just tonight bought a popriveter with a 360* swivel head for $15. Rivets are about $3 for 50 :nener:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ivan.

The Pro-Moto billet end cap is a great product. Legal spark arrester and quiet too. :cool:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Ivan.

The Pro-Moto billet end cap is a great product. Legal spark arrester and quiet too. :cool:

I had one on my CRF450 but the newer models look really cool.

The Enduro isn't until January so I have some time to think about it.

It is all on dirt (no roads) so I don't have to worry about a light setup for this one, just the SA.

Thanks guys!!

Ivan

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Spodely...send me the parts and I'll rivet it for you. For free! :)

I guess you could use self-striping screws to put it back on. :whoa: I'm just thinking the vibration may shake screws loose.

What enduro are you prepping for?

Rotor

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I'm thinking of doing the new Brighton Enduro with SETRA.

I appreciate the offer but I think I'm going to go ahead and get the PMB. When I go to Michigan next Summer for a ride I am going to need the SA for their trails too and figure I better go ahead and get the PMB and silent insert now since I will use it.

Thanks again!!

Ivan

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
:cool: Sounds like the best idea! :nod:

The Kid isn't sure about enduros yet. He's worried about time keeping. I told him just ride, and hope you finish. :laugh:

I think we are going to Bybee this weekend for the HS.

Rotor

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Yeah... I houred out of two enduro's in the past. One b/c I was horribly out of shape and sucked at riding and the other b/c I stayed with a hurt rider and ended up houring out the next check.

I am going to be racing the Denver, HS with the NCHSA and a MX with JMX racing... haven't raced all year so I am bit stoked!!

Good luck this weekend at Bybee!

Ivan

Top Bottom