crustydirt

Oct 9, 2002
Yea I'm a tightass, and I gots a friend who is decent at welding.

Anybody out there make their own front wheel chock for hauling their bikes. I have a 4x8 utility trailer with 2' sides and a 8x10 snowmobile trailer. I'd like to use the sled trailer so I could haul two bikes at a time.

Just looking for some ideas or pictures. Otherwise we'll try to fabricate some like...

http://www.trailer-parts-forless.com/pingle/pingle_wheel_chock.htm

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Back a few years ago, I made some using angle steel. Simply weld two peices of angle together to form a channel (or buy channel, but it's more expensive). Then cut two "v"s out of the vertical portions. Bend it up to 45 degrees or thereabouts and weld the verticals back together. If you are concerned, you can weld extra supports from the base to the upright portion. Mine is about 6 years old, with lots of miles on it and I have never had any problems (and I don't even have the "extra supports". Total cost about $8.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I just had to deal with this situation. I put a front "fence" on my 4x8 tilt bed and have two stakes mounted so that I can use a tie down to hold the front wheel. Haven't had a chance to use it, but it appears as though it'll work. If you want pics, drop me a note:

gwcrim@yahoo.com

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
I saw one the other day. This guy used pipe that screws together. Homedepot has this stuff there and even have the bends to give you different angles. He said it did not cost much. They even have a piece so you can screw it down to the trailer.
STeven

crustydirt

Oct 9, 2002
Thanks for the replys. My friend and I will use your sugestions and try to work some'n out the next week or two.

Making a trip about an hour north to Gilbert MN, to an abandoned mine pit that's been turned into an OHV park. Otherwise I ride mostly locally and have a duel sport to get to and from the trails.

dan-0

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom