Sep 25, 2009
Hello well I just picked up my first dirt bike, A Honda 2000 125R.
The bike is completely stock, Does need a few new engine parts and that is what I am needing help with.

Needs a Crank, Piston & Top End Gasket.
How much are those parts going to run me $500 or more.
I went down to my local moto store and they said about $600 in parts and would be about 1k with labor.

Is it worth having them do it for 1k or should I just buy another motor is I can find one.

Any help would be appreciated, Also if you know any links where I can get the parts let me know. Then I would have them install everything.

Shelby,

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Infidel Strong said:
Hello well I just picked up my first dirt bike, A Honda 2000 125R.
The bike is completely stock, Does need a few new engine parts and that is what I am needing help with.

Needs a Crank, Piston & Top End Gasket.
How much are those parts going to run me $500 or more.
I went down to my local moto store and they said about $600 in parts and would be about 1k with labor.

Is it worth having them do it for 1k or should I just buy another motor is I can find one.

Any help would be appreciated, Also if you know any links where I can get the parts let me know. Then I would have them install everything.

Shelby,
Shouldn't be too bad, about $200 for the crank, and around $100 for a piston. Gasket kits are pretty cheap. If you can do the work yourself I would say around $400. That includes a $50 flywheel puller and a tool to split the case.

Top Bottom