Dooley05

Oct 10, 2007
Hey guys im new to the board, so this is my first post, i got a honda 230f and im thinking about removing the spark resistor for the louder exhasut of course but for a bit more power, (a buddy did his and sounds awesome and rides better)i kno its to keep sparks from flyin out but the course i ride is nothin but dirt all around, but i was wondering if it causes any damage to the bike what it could possibly do to it, any help would be appreciated thanks. :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Pulling the spark arrestor will lean out the jetting. The 230 already comes jetted too lean from Honda, so pulling the spark arrestor will not add power, it will lean it out to the point where it will lose power.

Unless you plan on taking the time to re-jet , all pulling the spark arrestor will do is slow the bike down and make a bunch of useless noise.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Rich Rohrich said:
Pulling the spark arrestor will lean out the jetting. The 230 already comes jetted too lean from Honda, so pulling the spark arrestor will not add power, it will lean it out to the point where it will lose power.

Unless you plan on taking the time to re-jet , all pulling the spark arrestor will do is slow the bike down and make a bunch of useless noise.
Thanks, Rich!

Top Bottom