Honda ATC200 Help needed...

Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
Hey everyone, I just acquired two honda atc200's I think they are 1983's... I would like to know what kind of motor oil I should use in these bikes, and how much do I put?. Also what kind of spark plugs do they need, NGK...??? Also I'm just wondering, if the coil was bad, would this prevent the electric starter from working?? Any other info will be appreciated!!! Thanks!!:ride: :applause:

P.S. It's a 4-stroke.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
The thing is 25 years old, any oil is okay. Fill it up untill its between the two marks on the dipstick.

Take your old spark plug out, and get the same one. NGKs are probably the most popular. If they don't have spark plugs in them, google will tell you what kind they need.

If the coil is bad, then you would have no spark. Your electric start would still turn the engine over, but your engine would not start because... ...you have no spark.

Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
Ok, I bought some 20w 50 Motul motor oil. The dealer told me that it's the one I need. The bottle of oil is 1 litre, and he told me that it will take all of that... Is that true? So you are telling to fill it up to half of the height of the dipstick? Thanks!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…