HONDA Cr 125 1997 coil resistence.values....HELP

mxelbio

May 11, 2001
HI
I dont have the owner´s manual of this bike, so i need the coil resistence values, because my bike don´t start and want to verify the stator.....
My bike was stoped 2 years, so start ok over 20 minutes, and later stoped and never start again....
The spark is so weak, that i supouse that the wet sand and dust inside the ignition room and inner rotor flywheel lmake the coils performance down..........and the coils in the stator have a lot clearence and maybe disaligment the magnetic waves ...

Anyway.....my tester show me:

Ignition coil : primary 1 Ohm
secondary 18 K Ohms (with spark plug cap) and 13 without

Ignition pulse 240 Ohms

Exiter coil 65 Ohms

I dont have the Peak voltage adaptor module in my tester, so i can´t measure the peak voltage ...............

Help me please, i bealive in the knowledge of the motocross community.....

Thanks

fonz

Jul 14, 2003
Check your crank seals. Have they gone hard and brittle. A simple test is to take the air boot off, hold your hand over the carby. If you do not feel your hand being sucked when you kick the motor over you aint getting any fuel.

saladbar

Apr 22, 2003
My manual covers 92-94. I am not sure it is the same but here is what mine shows.

1 Disconect the black/yellow and green wires of the ignition coil. Measure the primary coil resistance of the ignition coil. Standard: 0.4-0.6 ohm at 68 degrees F

2 Disconect the spark plug cap from the plug and measure the secondary resistance between the plug cap and the green terminal. Standard: 14-23k ohm at 68 degrees F

3 If the resistance is out of range remove the spark plug cap and measure the secondary coil resistance between the spark plug wire and the green terminal. Standard: 10-16k ohm at 68 degrees F/20 degrees C.

Hope this helps.
Peter

mxelbio

May 11, 2001
Thanks saladbar.......
So my ignition coil is ok., and the problem is on the stators coils, the coils inside the flywheel......
The dust and vibration, and wet conditions, blow up the exiter coil (the bigest coil..) actualy measure 65 ohms, but should be 180 ohms......
Anyway 1997 was a particulary model because the big black box or CDI icnition module, come with a control traction, and maybe the values of the coil was diferents than past models .......???????

Thanks again for reply !!!!!!!!

Top Bottom