HONDA Cr 125 1997 coil resistence.values....HELP

mxelbio

May 11, 2001
HONDA Cr 125 1997 coil resistence.values....HELP
HI
I dont have the owner´s manual of this bike, so i need the coil resistence values, because my bike don´t start and want to verify the stator.....
My bike was stoped 2 years, so start ok over 20 minutes, and later stoped and never start again....
The spark is so weak, that i supouse that the wet sand and dust inside the ignition room and inner rotor flywheel lmake the coils performance down..........and the coils in the stator have a lot clearence and maybe disaligment the magnetic waves ...

Anyway.....my tester show me:

Ignition coil :
primary 1 Ohm
secondary 18 K Ohms (with spark plug cap) and 13 without

Stator:
Ignition pulse 240 Ohms

Exiter coil 65 Ohms.....................possible failure
I think that the normal value is 180 ohms aprox.

I dont have the Peak voltage adaptor module in my tester, so i can´t measure the peak voltage ...............

Help me please, i bealive in the knowledge of the motocross community.....

Thanks

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
ok all that malarky aside. . .

Pull off the plug cap & position the lead about 6+mm from some metal & kick, if it can’t jump that then you have a problem. Make sure you have a good ground & your connectors are good. If it is too pathetic then try another coil from any CDI bike.

Next up is to get the stator tested, probably needs a rewind. A simple resistance test will not show up if the insulation is burnt, when you put some power through it, it can go to the wall. Check the adds in a bike mag, a shop will only send it there or try to sell a new one.

mxelbio

May 11, 2001
You are right David, the stator coil failure under "work" and tester lie a lot........... so my exiter coil is burned, is out !!!!!!

So , yet i dont know the correct value in Ohms, for make a new one.......

180 Ohms is ok.!.....?????????

Thanks David for reply...!!!!!!

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
A professional re-winder will know the specs, otherwise the given practice is to use exactly the same thickness wire & count the turns. If attempting it yourself don’t make more than 2 joins if the wire breaks (creates hot spots) & you will need some device for rotating the coil rather than just trying to wind it around by hand.

An incredibly slow lathe or a second person turning it would suffice.

mxelbio

May 11, 2001
Cr 125 1997 coil resistence.values....HELP Eric

HI Eric
Thanks for share your knowledge, your book is a "tool" for me so.....
I dont have the owner´s manual of this bike, so i need the coil resistence values, because my bike don´t start and want to verify the stator.....
My bike was stoped 2 years, so start ok over 20 minutes, and later stoped and never start again....
The spark is so weak, that i supouse that the wet sand and dust inside the ignition room and inner rotor flywheel lmake the coils performance down..........and the coils in the stator have a lot clearence and maybe disaligment the magnetic waves ...

Anyway.....my tester show me:

Ignition coil :
primary 1 Ohm
secondary 18 K Ohms (with spark plug cap) and 13 without

Stator:
Ignition pulse 240 Ohms

Exiter coil 65 Ohms.....................possible failure

I dont have the Peak voltage adaptor module in my tester, so i can´t measure the peak voltage ...............

After re-wire my new exciter coil have 150 Ohms, and problems continue.....!!!!!!!!
i will glad if you confirm the resistence value for this model...1997, because i dont trust in that value, the big CDI unit maybe need a different value....!!!!!!

Thanks Eric, i'm waiting your reply, because nobody answer my question y other forums.......

ADAM 1988

Nov 11, 2013
Hi people I'm having same issues with mine just a quick tip if you don't already no and not trying to be clever before testing the stator the bike has to be warm otherwise the multimeter will give false readings so what I do is heat it up with a hair dryer then test it hope you resolve the problem

Top Bottom