Honda CR 250 93 fork not working right

nyrki

Apr 4, 2001
Hello!

Last summer I had a big crash and both seals in my 93 CR 250 started leaking. Now when I changed the seals, left fork won't damp. It feels like there is no oil at all.

All parts inside the fork seem ok, but upper damping adjustement screw won't tighten. When I screw it to harder it feels like screw is too short and it just rotates around.

Can I drive bike when only other fork damps?

------------------

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
sounds like you did'nt bleed the air out and the fork cap adjuster wasent set right prior to install?

------------------
Sage Wilkinson, KDX Link 1

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Another thought is the midvalve in that fork have failed. This will cause them to feel like nothing more than a spring. The rebound adjuster is another problem alltogether.
Regards,
Jer

------------------
"Danger is one thing but danger combined with long periods of suffering is quite another." Sir E. Hilary
wilkey@mx-tech.com

nyrki

Apr 4, 2001
I managed to set the adjutement screw to right prior, but fork is still not working.
I also opened the fork and bleed out the air.
It still feels jut like Jeremy said, nothing more than a spring. So it may be so that midvalve have failed.
Problem is that I dont know what part that is and is it possible to replace?

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
The midvalve is located inside the fork cartridge... It requires some work to get apart.. Do you have access to a good, and well equpied shop?
Regards,
Jer

Top Bottom