madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
can anyone give me some reviews on a 1996 cr125r, i bought one and im real happy with it, it seems to have some good power, i have a fmf gold series pipe on it. can someone give me comparisons between this bike and others. it seems to handle o.k. i weigh about 195.

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
madmike90 said:
can anyone give me some reviews on a 1996 cr125r, i bought one and im real happy with it, it seems to have some good power, i have a fmf gold series pipe on it. can someone give me comparisons between this bike and others. it seems to handle o.k. i weigh about 195.

Maybe Im an idiot but I dont understand?
Honda makes good dependable bikes, and you say your happy with yours so go ride it and have fun. :cool:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Your bike is red, suzukis are yellow, kawasakis are green, yamahas are blue. Compared to others your cr is the only one thats yours. Go ride it!

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
im sorry, i was very vague.
im just looking for comparisons between a honda cr125r, yamaha yz125, Kawasaki kx125, and suzuki rm125, based on power, handling, use as a jump bike, etc.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
At that age, it's more an issue of condition. The suspension tends to get neglected on older bikes. I would focus on reconditioning your bike, rather than looking for a better performing machine. They all are fairly close in performance when new.

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
before i bought the bike i went over everything.
it has new pro-taper bars, new coils and fork seals, i checked when i got the bike home that the forks were true and they are so all thats good, i just replaced the rear tire, the rings were just changed and the motor has 5 hours on it. my cousin just bought a Yamaha TTR230, how do you think my bike would run against it?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Mike, are you looking to get another bike right now? If so, just find one you like.

Otherwise, really, what difference does it make. Your bike isn't any worse or better than any other 1996 2 stroke bike. As long as it puts a smile on your face, who cares how it stacks up against the others.

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
its not that i dont like my bike, i love it.
im just wondering how it stacks up against other bikes, i dont want to come up on a kx or a rm 125 and get embarrassed, just wondering how the compete against each other. which has the better suspension, power?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Most of us can't ride our bikes to their potential anyway.. just go ride, have fun, don't worry too much about what other guys bikes can do.

Jul 15, 2007
They run however well they were taken care of, its still a Honda. It will last forever with reg. maint.. I have a 1996 cr125 and I can take a lot of the newer bikes. I take extra care of mine too.

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
madmike90 said:
its not that i dont like my bike, i love it.
im just wondering how it stacks up against other bikes, i dont want to come up on a kx or a rm 125 and get embarrassed, just wondering how the compete against each other. which has the better suspension, power?

your embarresment will come from your lack of ability to ride your bike. If you do lack ability. I can kill some poeple on newer, faster, bigger bikes than me because they cant ride. And, I can look like a fool next to a kid on a 125 because he's been riding since birth. Go ride, have fun, be safe.

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
i would say im a good rider, i just have the problem of not knowing when enough is enough...if im riding up behind my house on a straightaway with wet logs ill go as fast as i deem safe sliding around on the brink of losing control....then i go back faster, and although i havent bit it yet, i feel its only a matter of time, its just something about not having complete control that makes the sport fun for me.

Top Bottom