Nov 21, 2008
Alright lads, my 00 Honda CR250 is fouling plugs, i put in a new plug and about a half hour later it cut out.

I adjusted the tick over,would that cause it to foul plugs if it was adjusted too high?

What is the stock settings for the carb on the bike?

HAYSHAKER170

Nov 17, 2005
Fouling plugs points to improper jetting almost always. Start with the basics: clean the air filter, check proper fuel/oil mix (32:1), clean the carb, and check jetting. If all that is good and still fouling plugs, then you may have a seal leak and the engine is sucking trans fluid. You can have a leakdown test done to confirm. Also, check you are using the correct plug at the correct gap. I started using NGK Iridium plugs because they seem to be less sensitive to fouling, but not necessary to run correctly if jetted properly. Good luck!

slodad

Sep 4, 2005
My son's '02 CR250 was a plug fouling nightmare until we put in a new top end. After that, problem was gone. It was also easier to jet.

bwood

Mar 21, 2004
If the bike just started doing this, check crank seals, reeds, worn top end and clogged jetting. The stock plug is NGK BR8EG.

GenoCR250

Jan 7, 2009
My 06Cr250 did the same thing, went from a B9es to a B8es plug, and a 40:1 premix with 95 octane fuel, air/fuel screw 2.5 turns out. problem sorted.

Top Bottom