thunked

May 31, 2007
Hi, I just bought a 2006 Honda CRF450. I was offered the warranty for 1000, but wasn't interested.. then the finance guy told me the bike had no warranty so I ended up buying it for $500.

Can someone verify that this bike does not have a warranty? Also, is $500 a rip off for the 2 year warranty?

Thanks for any info.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I have never heard of a warranty with a dirtbike. I have bought 5 bikes since 02 and never was offered or had a warranty on any of them. I am not sure what you paid for.

SC_Rider_427

Feb 20, 2007
What did the dealership say was covered in the warranty, because Honda, or any other company does not put warrantys on MX bikes. But it is possible that the dealership could have some sort of warranty on the bike.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
if it covers you incase the engine grenades, I'd say it's a good deal.. Go ride the piss outta that bike!

And make sure you blow it up right before the warranty runs out...

May 9, 2007
IndyYZ85 said:
if it covers you incase the engine grenades, I'd say it's a good deal.. Go ride the piss outta that bike!

And make sure you blow it up right before the warranty runs out...
Assuming the warranty would actually cover a catastrophic engine failure (if it even covers anything at all), you can bet your arse there are enough exclusions to keep a $500 policy from repairing $3000 blown engines. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't specify that you had to show reciepts for maintaining the bike in exact accordance with the maintenance schedule specified in the factory manual. You know, new piston every 5 hours, new valves every ten hours, blah blah blah...

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
thunked said:
Hi, I just bought a 2006 Honda CRF450. I was offered the warranty for 1000, but wasn't interested.. then the finance guy told me the bike had no warranty so I ended up buying it for $500.

Can someone verify that this bike does not have a warranty? Also, is $500 a rip off for the 2 year warranty?

Thanks for any info.

Ouch! I hope you read the fine print. That sounds like some shady goins on. Usually with stuff like that you have to maintain a ridiculous maintenance schedule, all performed by said dealership, with their parts, at their retail cost, at their labor cost. You may go broke just trying to keep the warranty valid. Hopefully not that kind of deal though.

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
When I bought my latest ride ('06 CRF450) I was offered an insurance policy for theft that was $500, but have never been offered any kinda of warranty on any bikes I have bought. I did have a problem with one of the radiators leaking and the shop replaced it. I think that was the shop and not Honda.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I know a guy that runs a crx450 that got the warranty out here in california from honda. The warranty was $500 and covers transmission and engine. He had the same two year warranty and whenever he blew the motor or grenaded the tranny he took it back and the shop did the repairs free of charge and courtousy of Honda. After the repairs were finished he proceeded to purchase another warrenty if his 2 years were almost up.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Why would Honda list nothing under "Warranty Info" on their own site if there is in fact a warranty available? (check the specs page for the CRF, CRFX, etc)

Top Bottom