jesus17

May 6, 2008
My friend has a Honda CRM 125. I don't know if you in USA have this model but it's something like KDX just by Honda. It's enduro bike and very similar to KDX. I don't know what is your measuring unit for power but it has 34hp(horse power) according to manual.

Bike is good at woods as for the suspension, handling. It just wont go well in low rpm range. Mid range isn't much better but it's OK. And than there is very hard top hit. Its all stock and month ago i put new piston and bearings. Stock silencer is very quiet and i think it's restricting power. So we ordered a custom silencer from a exhaust expert, it's going to be finished next week. What do you think is it going to get any better with new silencer?

Also i think there is power valve problem. I'm in first gear and get on the pipe, everyithing is fine, and than shift in 2nd and rpms fall a little and than it seems like valve is a little closed and than opened and this happens fast. You than need to let a little throtle and than it's fine againg. It isn't problem on road because you can keep rpms in right range but in woods you don't have so steady hand on throtle and you end up with large bwaaah. Before you say anything about jetting please tell me another maybe simpler solution like spark plug or something because in our country it isn't so easy and cheap to play with diffrent combinations and it's hard to find parts especialy for older bikes. Can it be that the valve is sticking or something? I looked at the exhaust port and it's absolutely clean. Spark plug is also good tan looking and it seems to run just fine.

d_alexand

May 14, 2007
First, I'd try to find a manual for it. If you have limited parts in your area I'd go through it to check/clean carb, reeds, air filter, and powervalves.

If you don't find anything wrong during your teardown and it still isn't better, you may be able to just go one clip leaner (raise clip 1 slot) on the needle to correct the low-mid stumble that you mentioned since most bikes come jetted rich from the factory. You can seize a bike going too lean on the needle so I wouldn't go more than one clip.

Top Bottom