jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
No specs are given like frame material, drop out thickness, axle diameter, frame dimensions, etc. The price makes me think of a Wal-Mart bike. I bet it is made of steel and is heavy as heck.

-jeffd

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
Yea, thats what I'm worried about. I wonder if Honda actually makes them, or if they buy them and put their name on it.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Red Rider 53
Yea, thats what I'm worried about. I wonder if Honda actually makes them, or if they buy them and put their name on it.

I would bet that there is a large degree of badge engineering going on there. In other words.... someone paid to brand it as a Honda. If they are selling this bike for 170 bucks, what do you think it actually cost them before they paid Honda for the right to use the name? We all know that Honda's aren't cheap when they are in fact made by Big Red - lawnmowers, dirtbikes, and if they made bikes - I suspect that they would be a bit more expensive than similar models from their rivals.

-jeffd

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I was in a bike shop a couple months ago, they had a bike that said kawasaki on it. It was also about $170, I thought it was cool because I own threee kawasakis but after looking at it closer. It was a peice of junk. It would have been a total waste of money. A decent freestyle bike is at least $300-$400. Do you plan on doing freestyle with it or just riding around the neighborhood? if you want to do serious riding with it go to a bike shop and get a good bike. If it's for just riding around and doing a few tricks, it's probably ok.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Up in Canada Sears sells the "Jeep" line of bikes and they are complete garbage. They were having problems with the steering stems snapping at the neck at inopportune times and launching you over the bars.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by Chili
Up in Canada Sears sells the "Jeep" line of bikes and they are complete garbage. They were having problems with the steering stems snapping at the neck at inopportune times and launching you over the bars.
Sounds like the 1999 Grand cherokee I used to have!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
It says it has a hi-ten (high tensile steel) frame and fork, that is cheap bike talk for bad tubing, I would not ever reccomend taking a hi-ten frame on an actual BMX track, good bmx steel frames are Cro-mo (chrome-moly alloy) it might be OK for cruising around the pits......... but the components and frame are cheesey :|

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
Wow, I went away for a few days and thought this post would have completely died! I guess not. Yea, I figured out that the "Honda Racing" bike was junk. I'm looking at a Haro SX Comp. Looks pretty nice! And from what I heard It's a really good deal at $350.

Top Bottom