LittleD89

Mar 2, 2004
I'm going to look at my first dirtbike tomorrow (well if you wanna call it a dirtbike). A friend of mine has an old Honda dirtbike he is going to sell to me. He told me it as a Trail 70. I'm guessing that it is a CT 70, because he said it was a three speed. Anyway i think i can get it for 50-75 dollars, and it runs. He said it sounds good. I have a few questions...First do you think it is worth it? How much higher (from the seat) will this be compared to an XR 50? And does this thing have any power? I'm just gonna use it for cruising around on the roads or stuff like that. Thanks in advance.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
The Trail 70 is a good bit taller than the XR50, but by how much i'm not sure.
It was meant for older kids / and adults looking for something to plonk around easy trails with.
You mentioned using it on the road?
Better keep it to the side streets.
Its top speed is about 40 mph. And they take their time getting there.
If its decent, id buy it for that price.
But then again ive got an 8 year old who would like it. :thumb:

Just keep in mind its a back yard foo foo bike.

Dan Milan

Dec 4, 2003
Buy It No Matter What It Looks Like! You Would Definitely Get Your Money Back Five Times Over Just In Selling Parts. There Is A Big Demand In Old Honda Dirt Bike Parts.

LittleD89

Mar 2, 2004
thanks for the quick replys, i got one more question though. Will this be any good for trails? I'm not talking bout huge hillclimbs or mudpits or anything like that but just some easy trails? Thanks again

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
My second bike in 1973 was a green '71 CR70H, 4 speed with a clutch. By modern standards it has no suspension, handles poorly (at best), and has brakes that seem as though they are made of wood. Nothwithstanding, the bike is a real hoot to ride around in big open fields and unchallenging trails.

I wish I had one now!

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
The CT70 was bulletproof compared to my Broncco 75cc and it's a true classic. For that price, BUY IT!!!! They also made them in a 4 speed full manual which was nice too. If you've outgrown a 50 sizewise, then the 70 is a nice move up. Good Luck Bro'

Chief

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I have a few 2 that are restorded 1 for parts the 1970 was my first bike and yeah i'd say they are great for just pokin' along the trails and you can bop around town a little too, If it runs it is a good deal and their is plenty of places to get NOS and repro parts HAVE FUN!

Bubbie3737

Feb 28, 2004
i've had two, one 3 speed automatic and one 4 speed manual. They are not fast but have really good bottom and will take an adult up a pretty good sized hill. My nephew now has a mini trail 50 that is tiny and i can climb almost any hill on it, although it's only at about 3 mph. They are definetely classics and worth way more than the guy is asking

RedThumper

Feb 29, 2004
The Honda Trail 70 is a very solid bike. It's definately a great buy for the price. Although it's not the fastest 70cc bike on the block, it can defintatley climb a pretty good size hill with an adult on it. It's a great bike for cruizing around a campground, easy/light trails, or even putzin around in small towns. It's a classic and a lot of fun..... Definately worth the price.

Top Bottom