murdermittens

Aug 14, 2008
IM NEW TO THIS SITE SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED !!

ok so i recently inherited a 04 xr 400 from my father for absolutly nothing ive ridden the bike many of times personally i do alot of trail rideing and i love it

ive recently purchased some goods like a pipe and a rear sproket thats plus 2 teeth and im now looking into swaping the forks to a crf 450 r or upsidown style as many people call them ive seen the swap done before on a different website but no really direction on what i need to complete it im sure ill need tripples and such but im looking for some definate awnsers

my beef with the stock forks is that they just dont seem as stable as the forks on my recent 00 cr 250

any help or suggestions would be great

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
you have to get a complete triple clamp assembly, and probably manufacture a steering stem to match the brandX tripleclamps to the XR's steering head.

easy peasy lemon squeezy, but not necessarily inexpensive

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
anywhere. I know there's a guy here on the DRN who took a front end off a KX250 and fit it to his XR. You might be able to make something off any brand work, it'll just take a little bit of machining, mostly in the steering stem.

Wrecking yards, the evilbay, your local dealer . . . the possibilities are endless. Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll might find some treasures.

murdermittens

Aug 14, 2008
awesome guys the help is much apreciated

just to direct my polish self basically what you are saying is that i could probably use any tripple off say a crf 450 or so use the fork tubes from the same bike get a stem made and i should be solid??

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
I have had Emig Racing(owned by Jeff Emig's brother ) make several custom tripleclamps and stems for me ,. Do a google search for them . Or I could dig up a # for them .

murdermittens

Aug 14, 2008
if your confident he can make me a set of tripples and a stem for my xr to fit usd forks without fitment issues

he gets my buisness within the hour

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom