spktm

Jun 5, 2000
Ditto on the MC, he has made supercross what it is, And that coming from an old basterd like me! He deserves to go out a champion

spktm

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Come on MC one more time!! I would love to see MC and Tim Ferry finish 1-2.
01cr250 02yz250@125

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Ditto Slideways

I would also love to see MC win it this year. The icing on the cake would be Ferry finally getting what he deserves.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I wasn't going to reply to this thread but I guess I still feel strongly about it. I've disliked "Team" Honda ever since they dumped the very up and coming Doug Henry after he broke his back. He made a great recovery and even won the outdoor title riding Yamaha's over the next few years. Honda couldn't get rid of him fast enough. There's no "Team" in Team Honda, IMO. It's all about produce now or hit the road. "Groom people? Heck no! Let the other guys do that, we'll buy the best."

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by jeb
I've disliked "Team" Honda ever since they dumped the very up and coming Doug Henry after he broke his back.
That was one of the biggest chicken-s*** moves that have ever taken place. Turned me into a big Henry fan.

I may ride a Honda, and I may always ride a Honda, but I will never root for "Team" Honda.:silly:

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
It's not anything more than "Business". Get used to it because it is here to stay. Check out the NFL,NBA, MLB, NHL and even Winston Cup. It's there too, and money talks. Kawasaki has a different approach and has a great track record too, but when it gets to the "top" it's all about Money!
Regards:cool:

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
I've decided that I can't stand team Honda. As great of a rider as RC is, I really hope he has a lousy first year on the Honda. I'm rooting for Mac first, then Larocco (yes...i realize he rides Honda, but at least it's an Amsoil ride. besides...who couldn't root for Larocco??), then Lusk (glad to see him leave team Honda! I hope he rides well on the KX.).

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
I wish RC and ALL the rest of the guys on ALL the teams the BEST, and hope for a Great season that is filled with great races and lots of good honest competition.
I hope everyone can stay healthy and all the series come down to the "Wire"
Regards

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
Ha Ha? What's that?
Honda has won more Championships than all the other Mfgr's combined.
They are the most succesful motorcycle company in the world.
Usually (but not always) the best rider DOES win. RC won because he IS the best rider in the World, Period. I'm not saying Honda hasn't made some mistakes, but on a whole Honda is #1.

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
"Groom people? Heck no! Let the other guys do that, we'll buy the best."

Man, that is so true! RC came all the way up on a Kawi, and now that he is the man, Honda is ready to scoop him up. Team Honda is the biggest crock of poop I've ever seen.

I'm not saying Honda hasn't made some mistakes, but on a whole Honda is #1.

The only reason they are #1 is because they have the deepest pockets...IMO;)

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by IBWFO
Ha Ha? What's that?
Honda has won more Championships than all the other Mfgr's combined.
They are the most succesful motorcycle company in the world.
Usually (but not always) the best rider DOES win. RC won because he IS the best rider in the World, Period. I'm not saying Honda hasn't made some mistakes, but on a whole Honda is #1.

You've been reading too many Honda press releases.

US outdoor MX championships since 1972
----------125------250------500------total
Honda---12--------8---------7==== 27
Kawasaki-7--------9---------5====19
Yamaha---4--------5---------7====16
Suzuki-----5--------6---------1====12
Husqvarna--------------------1====1
Can-Am-------------1=========1

Hardly more than everyone else combined, and they havn't done as well in Europe over the same time period.

Last edited:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
C'mon, the Nationals since 72?
Have you missed some races?

I said championships, not races!!! and there have been 28 outdoor 250 seasons since 72. 125 didn't start until 74 and 500 ended in 93.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
You still missed a lot of races (Nationals) Honda was in.
I didn't say MX Nationals?

I welcome you to place ALL other dirt bike championships since 72 here for us to view. But I was showing a general trend, also the comment was "Honda has won more Championships than all the other Mfgr's combined". and I know that for worldwide enduro championships KTM and Husqvarna are the top two. Worldwide rally championships it is BMW and KTM, so if we're not talking MX I don't see where there is a chance of the statment even being close to reasonable.

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
When I said "Championships" I meant ALL including roadrace too.
Since I'm heading out to race this evening I'm not going to take the time to research all the C' ships but will do so soon.
Regards

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
When I said "Championships" I meant ALL including roadrace too.
Since I'm heading out to race this evening I'm not going to take the time to research all the C' ships but will do so soon.
Regards

Honda World road racing championships. From 1949 to 1960 ZERO.
From 1961 to 1971, 54 possible championships in all classes Honda 11.
From 1972 to present 115 posible championships in all classes Honda 23.
In world grand prix road racing the most championships goes to MV Augusta.

I believe in beating the dead horse slowly:p

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
I ask for forgiveness I was wrong!

American Honda won its first National motocross title in 1973 when Gary Jones rode the factory's first production motocrosser, the 250 Elsinore, to victory. Two more titles came the following year, with Marty Smith also earning the 125 National crown on Honda's then-revolutionary 125 Elsinore. Since 1982, American Honda motocross teams have won a record 40 AMA National championships out of a possible 66. Beyond that, Honda riders have won an inconceivable 13 of the last 18 AMA 250 Supercross championships, including nine Supercross titles in a row.
Regards
:cool:

Top Bottom