what would you do?

• drive by his house slowly for hours on end

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • wait until 2am and sneak into his shed to see what's there

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • walk up and say, "Gee my bike was stolen, any idea who it mighta been?"

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • leave the bastage be. You have no hard eveidence, and you'll just end up getting yourself into troub

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • run up to him and pop him in the shnozz. Call him a scumbag, and walk home

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • let insurance buy me at least part of a new bike; chalk it up to a lesson learned, and move on

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
I voted to sneak a look in his shed, but if he's a druggie its prob. sold already. Also, how about getting someone else to sneak a look in his shed, and then leaving it to the police ? This has happened to me before, but I made the mistake of letting the thieves know that I knew, and of course by the time the police arrived the bike had completely disappeared.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I bet he sold it to some drug runner in Baltimore and it will soon be headed to Africa :scream:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Thing is IF he did steal it, he no longer has it. It's already been sold. Talk to other scumbags. They all know who did what.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Congrats on the Big Thumper!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
a buddy had a cr 500 stolen out of his garage once. he put an ad in the paper about it. i laughed to myself, like that would work. a lady called him a few days later and said someone was riding a dirt bike in the field behind her house. my buddy went over there and it was his bike. it had been painted all black and the pipe was smashed. he said he kicked the guy in the nuts and told him that he was going to pay for the damage or he would call the sheriff... the guy paid for the damage.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I like option #1.&nbsp; Along those lines, get his phone # and address and start harrassing him.&nbsp; Prank phone calls, letters saying... "I know what you did last month!" along those lines.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Remember, drug dealers &amp; users are very paranoid to begin with.&nbsp; You'll just feed that a little more, and send him over the edge!&nbsp; :p

If he doesn't see repercussions from stealing the CR500, what's to stop him from taking the pretty new thumper, too?&nbsp;

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
what's to stop him from taking the pretty new thumper, too?

locks, alarms, cameras, dog, and good aim from my bedroom window
smile9.gif

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
You are my ambassador of quan.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
My bad for not seeing this sooner, sorry to hear it PK and congrats on the new ride, like you didn't plan that! The idea of placing a call in or sending word that the PD is on the way may work, but better yet, get with the PD and tell them your bike was seen there, if he's on probation or parole, he has to let them in and look around. That way you can circumvent (that means work around, Milk ;)) any further issues with this guy. Even though he's a dirtbag, it's not worth sitting up all night watching your stuff, he's an idiot and won't think straight when he's tweaked. Put the heat on without him knowing it. Then, when it comes time, you can whisper in his ear "what we're you thinking" and you can walk tall with that bloody tire iron when you go to breakfast! :)

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Buy a beater bike out of the newspaper and wire the kill switch to a second ignition coil attached to a spark plug mounted inside the gas tank Leave it sitting out and wait for the fireworks. When the thief goes to run the bike and shut it off, it should make enough splatter that the modification would be destroyed.
Seriously though, I recently saw an advertisement for a wrist watch sized GPS tracking devise for children to trace them if they are missing. They retail for about $400 but probably sell on the open market for less or will soon as other companys build them. Place one of these hidden on your next bike and you should be able to find it within 30 meters of the signal the next time it turns up missing.

Top Bottom