Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
From a friend of mine.
Mully

I just received a letter from the Blue Ribbon Coalition. The Hoosier National Forest is in the process of revising their Forest Management
Plan. One alternative being considered is the possibility of ORV use in parts of the forest. As I am sure you are aware, the HNF has been
completely closed to ORV's for many years. It appears as though an opportunity exists for off-roaders to voice their opinions on this issue. I
am encouraging each of you to write a letter to Forest Supervisor Kenneth Day supporting Alternative 3 of the Management Plan (click on the
link to see an explanation of all the alternatives). Some points to consider as part of your letter:

How much your family values orv use.
Public land should be used to meet the needs of all types of outdoor recreational activities.
Many Land Use Plans have failed to meet the public demand for all types of outdoor recreation.
There are many businesses, individuals and organizations that would be willing to assist in the creation of an orv trail
system.

Send your letters to:

Kenneth G. Day, Forest Supervisor
Hoosier National Forrest
811 Constitution Ave
Bedford, IN 47421
812-275-5987

Or email to Supervisor Day: c/o Judy Perez, Forest Planner at japerez@fs.fed.us

Don't forget to include your name, address and phone number to receive additional updates. Pass the word to your friends!

Terry Bender

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/hoosier/planningdocs/mailings/planning_mailing_11_16_04.htm

Top Bottom