:aj: Hope you all can help.I have an 05' 200 with these mods:
1:FMF Gnarly
2:turbine core II silencer
3:boysen power reeds
4: uni filter
5:Renthal bars
6:Renthal o-ring chain
7:race tech fork springs(.40)

I have removed the air box lid snorkel.I would like to re-jet now.The bike tends to bog at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.I live in Maryland @ sea level.I was thinking 45 pilot 152 main with a
Keihin 1173 needle.Wat position should the clip be in?what about the air screw?The stock jetting ie 52 pilot and 155 main.Also what would be the next step to modify my green beast?? :aj:

Idaho Charley

Jul 20, 2000
I would assume you have a lean bog and drop my needle clip one position (raise the needle) to enrichen the lower portion combined with adjusting the air screw for best response. Most of your fuel curve adjustment in the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle range is by the needle clip position.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You have been to CDave's site? It's linked in a sticky at the top of this forum in a thread entitled, 'Every kdx rider should read....'

You will find the answer to your questions there.

Not sure why you think oem jetting is 52/155. Never has been. Doubt '05 is different. It could have been changed by the dealer...in which case, don't ever go back there 'cuz they're boobs. There is NO way a 52 pilot is correct.

BTW..'1:FMF Gnarly' doesn't mean anything in regard to a jetting question. FmF is a brand name, 'Gnarly' refers to the metal guage used to make it. It doesn't indicate what pipe profile you have...and the two profiles available from FmF jet differently. The torque pipe jets considerably more lean than the rev pipe.

re: 'what would be the next step..'

Set-up your suspension if you haven't already. Actually, that should have been step #2, right after you took the thing apart and put grease where it's supposed to go.

With variances such as fuel, riding style...even how you oil your air filter being critical to correct jetting selection, there are only two people that can tell you what jets to run: 1. You, and 2. The professional tuner that's watching you ride and listening to your lucid, comprehensive description of how the bike is working.

Bet'cha don't have a #2, 'eh? ;)

You might want to concentrate on #1.

brockboy

Apr 12, 2005
I agree with Idaho Charley I had the same problem with my 220r And I started to turn in the air screw a little at a time till I was comfortable with my results.I didn't have to play with the needle clip position myself.

Sep 15, 2004
thanks guys I ordered a 48 pilot and a 152 main and a 1173 needle.I went to frp offroad (jeff fredette)and thats what he reccomends.BTW my local dealer said he called kawaswki and the pilot is 52.IF thats not right then what is the stock pilot jet?

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
yankeefan4life72 said:
thanks guys I ordered a 48 pilot and a 152 main and a 1173 needle.I went to frp offroad (jeff fredette)and thats what he reccomends.BTW my local dealer said he called kawaswki and the pilot is 52.IF thats not right then what is the stock pilot jet?

stock for a 200 is 48 pilot, 160 main. Check Cdaves site for all this info spelled out nicely.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Get a 45 and a 42 pilot and start your testing with the 45 and your needle clip in position #3 (the middle) and go from there. Start with the air screw at 1 1/2 out.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom