CRfury

Jan 16, 2003
I have a chance to buy a klx 250 for very cheap that is in great condition and has low hours on it. In stock form it seems and fairly slow. I was wondering if anyone has experience with one of these? Is there many aftermarket companys that specalize in klx's? Do you think i could make this bike moto worthy if price is not an issue? I think it would be a fun winter project. Thanks for the info.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
There are quite a few mods avaible for them. Jeikel has/had a VERY tricked out KLX, and im sure he has parts avaible from his bike. Best part, he's also in Alberta :thumb:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I owned a '95 KLX 250 before I got my XR400. I loved that bike but I needed a little more power. I'm not sure about moto-worthy but it can be transformed into a really fun bike.

Check out PlanetKLX (I'm not sure if it's still around). They've got some nice, easy upgrades you can do to the bike. I used to order parts from a company called Stroker as well, although they were a little pricey.

Before I sold it, my bike had a Mikuni pumper carb (a must-have), a Stroker headpipe, FMF pipe and a new Stroker idler gear (the stock ones are notorious for erupting and causing lots of internal damage). The weakest point was probably the suspension so I'd look into stiffening up the front and back when you get a chance. The bike also felt a little small for me (6' 1") so I added a high seat foam and cover from Stroker.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
stroker was going under last time I checked, my '94 KLX250 has their 307 kit, header pipe, and a 33mm mikuni. The suspension definitely is a weak point.

klx_kid

Aug 8, 2002
give Jerry at Four Stroke Works a call he has everything stroker had.
Jerry Leighton
15454 El Centro Rd.
Hesperia, CA 92345
760-948-0325 (home) pls. respect times in CA.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom