Curt_704

Nov 7, 2001
A few of us Indiana guy's are planning our annual Good Friday ride, to the Muskegon area, and I am curious about the Horseshoe and Holton Loops.
I know the Holton Loop has been closed for a couple of years but I thought I saw a map last summer that showed the west side of the loop was open, but I can't seem to find that map on line anymore. Is this loop completely closed pending the trail changes, per the land dispute, or is some of it open?
Also, last spring the Northern Horseshoe loop had a bridge out near the parking area. Is the bridge open?

Thanks

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hello Curt:
Go to the Horseshoe parking area and you will find a posted map of the open area on the Holton Loop (you have to go all the way into the main area at the parking lot to find the map!) Basically, the west side of Hoton is open...
The Horseshoe is READY and and has been ridden a little this year by us local riders :) (dont worry - we saved some fun for you hoosiers)!
Have fun!
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Just rode Horseshoe Saturday. The woops arn't thru the entire trail. Just in spotty areas. But were they are they are DEEEP. HAve fun. :thumb:

Curt_704

Nov 7, 2001
Thanks for the info. We've ridden the Horseshoe loop a few times over the past few years and I'm painfully aware of how deep those whoops are.
I'm not sure what we are going to do yet, but I like the idea of riding a loop rather than a down and back trail since we'll have a group of riders with a varity of skill levels. That leaves either Horseshoe or Cedar Creek. How Whoop out is Cedar Creek?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Horseshoe is by far the better of the two as far as whoop height goes..

Top Bottom