DirtMonkey

Sep 17, 2000
I've been noticing lately that my KIPS cover seems to be getting really hot really fast. So I just went out around the yard for literally no more than a 5 minute ride, 1st and 2nd gear only. I reached down to feel the top end KIPS cover -- too hot to hold my hand on it for more than a few seconds! This can't be right. Any ideas. Thanx.

- steve

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Hrms, mine warms up pretty quickly. That's generally the area I feel around to make sure it's warmed up before I rip it. Don't think it gets too hot to hold though. It might, I'll check next ride.

-MD

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
That’s on the LHS & is where the exhaust is vented to when the PV is closed for extra volume. So naturally it should get hot pretty quick like the header pipe.

DirtMonkey

Sep 17, 2000
Thanks for the replies. What yer all trying to tell me basically is that its supposed to be hot. Technically, running in low gear at low speeds will result in more heat because the sub exhaust ports remain closed to generate the low-end power. Got it. But are y'all saying its normal to be able to flash fry large black squirrels on the sucker after only 5 minutes??! I gotta believe this aint right.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Ahh, so you want to use a scientific temperature measurement method?

Place the large black squirrel on both the header pipe & the kips box, measure the rate that the hair is singed off your large black squirrel (making for easier plucking). Should be at an equal rate on both sections of the squirrel. Turn after 2 min.

Serve with grits, -whatever they are.

Top Bottom