ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
My daughter, after only six months riding, has gotten bored with her crf100. No big suprise. She is 12-going on 13, and rides somewhat agressively (as best she can with the crf100). She is 5'4" and can sit on a 230.
We ride trails, some tight and some wide open stuff. I'm wondering if a 2-smoker might give her a little more excitement? Except I'm concerned about powerband issues and putt-putt plug fouling? Sometimes she is wide-open, and sometimes slows to think/choose her line. Any thoughts on a bike with more power for her size, one that might last a few yrs? If 2str, what size/make? If 4str what size/make?

Last edited:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Could look into either a kdx or ktm200exc, i hear they are good offroad bikes..
RIck

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
My sister and wife ride KX100's and love them - my wife is a beginer and sister is an expert. Neither has ever fouled a plug. As long as the jetting is done right they can putt-putt all day and not foul. I do recomed a BR8EG (or EIX) plug for put-puting though as it will clean off better at lower speeds. A flywheel weight helps make the power come on a bit smoother and helps maintian traction in slick situtations.

good luck:)

yzmarcimus

May 7, 2003
The KX100 is a great bike. I have one, it was for my son moving up from a TTR125. He's out grown it but my girls ride it in the woods and love it. Never fouls, smooth even power delivery, very low first gear, 150 lbs total weight. Also has nice big wheels so it can clear logs, holes and rocks. It does have power, I stay up front so it won't wheelie when I hammer it.

mark

Top Bottom