sean

Apr 26, 2000
I have a track that i ride all the time. Its about 3/4 mile long and is full of woop's. The entire track is one massive woop section. After rideing one or two laps the rear schock gets extremely hot, so hot that you can only touch it for about one second or you will burn your hand. Is this normal? Its a 96 KX 125 with stock suspension, it has very low miles (stock chain,tires, sprocket all in great condition) Does the shock need rebuilding already? Is shock oil leaking out or is this normal? thanks
sean

Last edited:

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Shock oil leaking is not normal. My shock get's hot too and all my friend's are just as hot as mine.
CRG

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
no no no

Guy's he ment is there shock oil leaking out. He never said the was oil leaking out. If it was that would be bad. But the heat if fine (to a point)

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
MM,
Hate to tell you but your wrong. He was asking if shock oil leaking out was normal? Nope it's not. Jeremy and myself thought the same thing with both his question's. The heat is fine but don't do them whoop's all day!
Beside's why would he ask "is shock oil leaking out" how could we know? He just made an error on what word's and where to put them.
CRG

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Hate to tell you CR guy but you're wrong.
Does the shock need rebuilding already? Is shock oil leaking out or is this normal?
He is talking about it getting too hot and asks if shock oil could be leaking out. I had to read it a few times but once you look at the context it isn't worded wrong but looks strange for some reason.

sean

Apr 26, 2000
Oil is not leaking out of the shock. I bought this bike used so I was thinking that
while the past owner had the bike all the oil leaked out and when i recieved the bike it had no oil in the shock which would cause it to get hot.I should have said in my first post"if their is no oil in the rear shock will it get very hot?" This is my first motocross bike, I have ridden quads and snowmobiles all my life and have never had my shocks get as hot as they do on the motocross bike. Now that I know the shock is suposed to get hot(to a certian point) i do not have anything to worry about, my problems are solved. sorry for the whole mess:(
sean

Top Bottom