CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Been there, done that...twice. It's great to build a new home. I actaully placed my current house on the lot to maximize the track.

Good luck, from the pictures, you have a long way to go. If you have any questions (and you will) please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
Congrats :thumb:
Just curious, what made you decide to go with the block foundation instead of a solid concrete foundation? Have the foam "lego" blocks caught on in your area. I've never been on a job that we've done the snap together foundations, but I have heard they are the way to go for speed and cost. I'm not much for laying block, so I will avoid it at any cost, it's not my forteigh. It's looking good though, hopefully it goes easily fo ya.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I went with a general contractor Summit Homes. I don't know enough about house construction to fill a tea cup so I figured I'd go with a big builder. They do about 500 homes a year so they ought to be pretty good at it.

I was in a bit of a rush as we're really out growing our current house and I don't want to sink any more money into it. Had I the luxury of more time, I sure would have gotten more involved in the design.

It wouldn't bother me to build again. But the wife says she's not moving again..... I'll miss her! :)

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Building is alot of fun - being a builder I'm a bit biased, but I tell my buyers I feel like a big kid in a candy store!! For me there are two really enjoyable times 1)plan designing 2) People moving in

My plans are custom, so each and every one reflects the personality of the buyer and it's fun seeing peoples faces light up after the design process is finished! Closing is the other part, as a buyer mentioned to me "You seem more excited than we are!" that is true when your buyers faces are "lit up" with excitement during the final walkthrough and seeing everything finally completed.

Enjoy the precess!! :thumb:

Top Bottom