HOW ABOUT SAN DIEGO 1, 2, 3, vs ANAHEIM

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Due to the automatic big sell out of 73,000 at san diego sx, would it not make sense for AMA to hold 3 sx races each season in san diego vs anaheim's only 45,000 sell out ? I have been to several sx races here in san diego, because i live here, but before the stadium was extended, it could hold up to 60,000 fans and was always sold out for sx (meaning you could not get tickets on race day), San diego has always been a sell out and lets not forget the always friendly weather, so i wonder if AMA is looking into that.

Last edited:

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
I wonder if Qualcom stadium could be booked for so many races. I've been to a couple of SX events when I was stationed out there. That place is wild. I witnessed a damn near riot in 96'. The police had to clear the parking lot.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Sandjunky said:
I wonder if Qualcom stadium could be booked for so many races. I've been to a couple of SX events when I was stationed out there. That place is wild. I witnessed a damn near riot in 96'. The police had to clear the parking lot.
I think people out here are just crazy about racing plus the so many local bike dealers and sponsers in this part of california that's why 3 races a season would be a good money net.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
The parking lot was full before I even got to the race. Lucky that I have my secret parking spots off site, or I would have been hiking in for miles.

I don't think Anaheim runs out of parking... not sure, though.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
pfft.. let's just move the whole series to Cali :)
But just to be fair, let's keep Dallas :p

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Tony Williams said:
The parking lot was full before I even got to the race. Lucky that I have my secret parking spots off site, or I would have been hiking in for miles.

I don't think Anaheim runs out of parking... not sure, though.
I've been to Anaheim twice and never had trouble with parking. Iam not trying to be biased but lots of people living in California would agree with me that San diego is the capital of motocross on the west coast and with its great weather deserves atleast 2rounds of the sx series and 1 mx series maybe carlsbad raceway can be renovated for the mx series round.

Last edited:

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
I miss the energy of So. Cal. when it comes to the offroad community. Hell, I'd consider moving there if I didn't have to hock a kidney to afford a house.

Top Bottom