How beginner friendly is TNT in SC

ruffstff

Mar 27, 2004
Well im getting alot more experience on my yz250, but i still dont feel 100% confident on the thing, My friend who is an experienced cr500 rider wants to go to TNT this weekend, i am just curious as to how beginner friendly that place is. THANKS!!!!

DRZ_Dad

Apr 21, 2004
I ride there very often, just trying to figure out were your interest is first.................

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
The trails.....very beginner friendly.

Tracks have a variety of jumps, some tabletops are fine for a beginner, other jumps should not be attempted until you know what you are doing. Check it out, it is worth the trip.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
James said:
... other jumps should not be attempted until you know what you are doing.
Ahh...the voice of experience! Wanna tell us how you know that, James? :laugh:

trout said:
Its a great place...my wife and daughter were able to learn to ride there.
Yep, and pretty soon we're hoping trout will learn to ride there, too! :rotfl:

Something for everyoine there. What day are you going?

ruffstff

Mar 27, 2004
High Lord Gomer said:

Yep, and pretty soon we're hoping trout will learn to ride there, too! :rotfl:

Something for everyoine there. What day are you going?

going down on sunday the 8th. I mainly want to ride trails there, but i might sumner up enough courage to get on the track. If your there gromer just look for a guy on a cr500 and then me on a blue yz250, i'll be wrecking alot, :aj:

DRZ_Dad

Apr 21, 2004
The trails there are great! It's my most favorite place to ride that is within any kind of reasonable driving distance............ Gomer posted a link to a video of him riding the trails at TNT not tto long ago

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
High Lord Gomer said:

"It was you, alright; I learned it from you"

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
The trails are good for everyone. The tracks are a little advanced if you attempt to double anything. If you single all the jumps that would be a good thing to do.

Gomer thinks the "hard as concrete" dirt is a good thing however I prefer softer looser soil. Gomers concrete stuff is the same lap after lap and that's why he likes it, but if you fall on it.........Things get broken.

The kids track is fantastic and they were mixing sawdust into the dirt today to help soften it up.

My advice (from experience) is to SINGLE JUMP everything, be gentle on the gas out of the turns, and you'll be fine.........until you fall. :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…