OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
I'm having a lot of trouble getting my 9 yr old off his seat. He's seem pictures of himself sitting on his duff in mid air and says "Geeze, I sit down too much." Then he complains that he feels uncomfortable trying to stand up. I did a little trick to his handlebar mounts where I used spare clamp halves inverted on his bar mounts to raise the bars about 3/4". He said it didn't feel any different. Today I put ATV bars on, in addition to the clamp trick (hasn't test ridden it yet). He's kind of tall for the RM65, but the way he thrusts his hips forward when he stands, tells me he's got something else going on there. It's like he wants to lean back all the time.
Any ideas what techniques I might use to get him into a better riding posture?

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
if he says he wants to lean back then the bikes probably too small, but then again a 9 y.o shouldnt ride anything bigger than a 65....just tell him to ride around standing up get him used to it.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
When the seat starts propelling him into the air, he'll start standing up all on his own! Get him on a good stretch of whoops, he'll get the idea. Just be patient.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Adjust his brake and clutch levers were they are more comfortable to use when standing up.

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
tell him if he doesnt stand, you'll sell the bike :) just kidding. I forced my self to stand as much as possible until it felt natural to be standing.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
FruDaddy said:
Take the seat off. That's what everybody told me to do.
Dads & instructors have been doing this for years! Sometimes, just threatening to do it is enough; worked with my daughter.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
I just told my boy if sits while jumping or going over bumps he was going to get hurt. If the 65 seems small for him opt for a bigger 4stroke untill he's ready for an 80.

Top Bottom